Does Wireless Charging Shorten Life of Battery

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I have been researching this question and find confllicting information. Some say it generates too much heat, which shortens the life of the battery. Others say that the amount of heat generated is less than or equal to many processes (i.e., gaming, browsing) with the phone and, thus, is not harmful. And yet others say they have had no problems whatsoever.

Not only do I want to ensure the longevity of my phone, but I want to make sure, before I invest in wireless charging, it will be something I will actually be able to use without harming the phone or shortening the life of the battery..

DrGonzo48

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I also wonder about this. When my HTC DNA is on the Nokia DT900 pad, heat is generated whether the battery is fully charged or not. And my phone sits on the thing all night after I go to bed. My phone is two years old and battery life has fallen off the cliff. But can I point to the charger, or is it just to be expected from the number of charging cycles in any case? Is degradation caused by heat offset by the benefits of frequent shallow charging (as opposed to letting the battery run down further)? I'm about to upgrade to another wirelessly chargeable phone (Turbo), but I suspect no one has the definitive answer to this question.

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like you have the same questions I do. And, after doing my due diligence, I have come up with conflicting answers. So I'm still undecided and confused.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non