S24U wireless charging issues with vehicle

matsars

Feb 15, 2024
Visit site
Hi,

New here. Thought I'd inquire.

I just got an s24 ultra today and it will not charge wirelessly in my new Hyundai Kona N Line 2024. I've previously been using an S22 and it charged fine. No issues with the vehicle. The issue rests solely on the S24 ultra.

When it sits on the pad, the phone flashes the charging indicator (green circle with battery percentage), but then it goes away and what happens is at the bottom of the screen it flashes the words "Wirless Charging" along with the battery percentage, repeatedly. Flashes on and off. The wireless charging light on my vehicle does not turn on to indicate the charge is engaged.

If I wake up my screen while it's parked on the charge pad, I can see the battery life meter in the top corner flashes on and off with the lightning bolt charge indicator. It would appear that it's [trying] to charge but won't establish a consistent flow. It just cycles on and off non-stop. I've tried this with and without the case on with the same results.

While driving the screen wakes up on its own and the green charge circle flashes on and off repeatedly. Phone never settles on charging.

As far as im concerned im going to trash this phone because this is stupid and useless.

Thoughts on this ?

Last edited:

matsars

Feb 15, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to AC!

Can you try this on another wireless charger besides the car?
I've tried with my home wireless charger with and without the case and had no issue.

This is exclusively a matter of the S24U and my vehicle charge pad, moreover, it's an s24u issue because my S22 charges without issue in my vehicle.

Is there a samsung support I can contact ?

Do I need to wait for some kind of firmware upgrade?

Does my vehicle not have the right kind of wireless charge pad?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've tried with my home wireless charger with and without the case and had no issue.

This is exclusively a matter of the S24U and my vehicle charge pad, moreover, it's an s24u issue because my S22 charges without issue in my vehicle.

Sounds like not making connection with the cars wireless pad maybe this has to be placed a certain way on the s24?

The s24 is due to have its first update out soon to address some issues and bugs

If you to device care >battery tap>charging settings maybe try toggle off fast wireless charging?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

What wireless charging pad are you using in the car? If the phone charges on the charging pad at home, then there is nothing wrong with the phone. It has to be either the charger in the car or the placement of the phone on the charger in the car.

matsars

Feb 15, 2024
Visit site
Sounds like not making connection with the cars wireless pad maybe this has to be placed a certain way on the s24?

The s24 is due to have its first update out soon to address some issues and bugs

If you to device care >battery tap>charging settings maybe try toggle off fast wireless charging?
There isn't much wiggle room where the vehicle charge pad is, but I have tried to move it around as much as I can. I should have mentioned originally that I did manage to finally get the phone to register on the charge pad only once. The light in my vehicle came on and the phone stopped having a heart attack. This came after about 40 minutes of fiddling around with it non-stop and I have not been able to duplicate the circumstances that allowed it to engage the charge.

matsars

Feb 15, 2024
Visit site
What wireless charging pad are you using in the car? If the phone charges on the charging pad at home, then there is nothing wrong with the phone. It has to be either the charger in the car or the placement of the phone on the charger in the car.
In the home is just some crappy iQ wireless charger + bluetooth speaker i got with the phone.

In the car, it's whatever is stock in the new Hyundai Kona 2024. I have zero information on the charge pad they use.

It's certainly a compatibility issue, likely due to the S24 Ultras shape? Again, my S22 charges without issue in the car. The S24 does not. Both charge fine at home.

I wish I had access to an older s22 or s23 ultra to test

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
There isn't much wiggle room where the vehicle charge pad is, but I have tried to move it around as much as I can. I should have mentioned originally that I did manage to finally get the phone to register on the charge pad only once. The light in my vehicle came on and the phone stopped having a heart attack. This came after about 40 minutes of fiddling around with it non-stop and I have not been able to duplicate the circumstances that allowed it to engage the charge.
You try flipping the phone the other way , I'll show you a schematic ?
What vehicle is this?
d319f49874cbd3004dcf3bfdf668801f.jpg

Reactions: BerryBubbles

matsars

Feb 15, 2024
Visit site
You try flipping the phone the other way , I'll show you a schematic ?
What vehicle is this?
d319f49874cbd3004dcf3bfdf668801f.jpg
Happened upon this comment on Reddit and I believe this is the issue. It's the coil alignment between the pad on my vehicle and the phone. It cant get the charge within tolerance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240215_001335_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20240215_001335_Reddit.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: mustang7757

matsars

Feb 15, 2024
Visit site
Probably better to get one of those wireless charger you hook to the vents on Amazon
Any recommendation? I don't really want something stupid like that in my car when I have a charge pad.

I'm probably just going to get rid of the ultra and get the 24+ .

My case isn't thick at all and should honestly allow it to charge better than when it's out of the case but the phone is just too big to let it sit properly in my car. Which is just dumb as ****. Ultra ain't worth having for this kind of pointless headache. I'll take the shittier camera in order to be able to charge

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Reading this thread with great interest. I have the S24U and drive a 2023 Hyundai Venue. I realize it's a different vehicle, but the same manufacturer...so.
I just went out to my garage to test the wireless charging and it works just fine. I can place the phone in either direction (back down of course) and it starts charging immediately without issue. The phone states how long until a full charge, and the icon in the top right of the cars screen shows that it is charging.
The only thing I have not read from the OP is if he's using fast, or slow, wireless charging? I have fast charging turned OFF! YMMV

matsars

Feb 15, 2024
Visit site
Reading this thread with great interest. I have the S24U and drive a 2023 Hyundai Venue. I realize it's a different vehicle, but the same manufacturer...so.
I just went out to my garage to test the wireless charging and it works just fine. I can place the phone in either direction (back down of course) and it starts charging immediately without issue. The phone states how long until a full charge, and the icon in the top right of the cars screen shows that it is charging.
The only thing I have not read from the OP is if he's using fast, or slow, wireless charging? I have fast charging turned OFF! YMMV
I haven't had the opportunity to try with fast wireless turned off. That's my troubleshoot for this morning. Someone mentioned that last night. I'll give it a shot as soon as I can.

If that doesn't work I'm just going to get rid of the phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Any recommendation? I don't really want something stupid like that in my car when I have a charge pad.

I'm probably just going to get rid of the ultra and get the 24+ .

My case isn't thick at all and should honestly allow it to charge better than when it's out of the case but the phone is just too big to let it sit properly in my car. Which is just dumb as ****. Ultra ain't worth having for this kind of pointless headache. I'll take the shittier camera in order to be able to charge
Can get something like this

Limited-time deal: Wireless Car Charger, MOKPR 15W Fast Charging Auto-Clamping Car Charger Phone Mount Air Vent Cell Phone Holder Compatible iPhone 15/14/13/13 Pro/12 pro/12/11/X/8, Samsung Galaxy S23/S22/S21/S20, etc https://a.co/d/dhDWmDv

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had the opportunity to try with fast wireless turned off. That's my troubleshoot for this morning. Someone mentioned that last night. I'll give it a shot as soon as I can.

If that doesn't work I'm just going to get rid of the phone.
Well, I hope it makes a difference for you. I also had a case on the phone. If you do send it back I would not immediately get the S24+ until you can test it out. You could end up with the same issue.

matsars

Feb 15, 2024
Visit site
Well, I hope it makes a difference for you. I also had a case on the phone. If you do send it back I would not immediately get the S24+ until you can test it out. You could end up with the same issue.
That's certainly possible, but my return window is limited. If the Plus doesn't work, then I'll just settle on a basic S24. If for some god forsaken reason that doesn't work, I just won't upgrade and keep my S22

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos