S24U wireless charging issues with vehicle

matsars

Feb 15, 2024
Visit site
Omfg. Today the phone is not connecting to charge wirelessly with my car. It worked all day yesterday seamlessly. I fckn don't understand this bs.

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Omfg. Today the phone is not connecting to charge wirelessly with my car. It worked all day yesterday seamlessly. I fckn don't understand this bs.
do you have another device still that you can check wireless charging is working on your car right now?

matsars

Feb 15, 2024
Visit site
do you have another device still that you can check wireless charging is working on your car right now?
It works with my s22 without issue. It works with my partners s21. My new s24 ultra even works on her vehcile's charger pad and it's an 2020 santa fe. I'm so baffled. I've tried 2 different s24 ultras (exchanged my phone for another thinking it was a phone issue) and neither have worked properly with my car wireless charge. I've tried an s23 ultra and it worked it can't possibly be my cars charge pad. It's a 2024 hyundai kona ultimate.

Reactions: jtfwTX

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
If it isn't working with two separate S24 Ultras, then it is probably the car. Can you update your car's firmware? The auto industry uses a different manufacturing/shipping timeline. The 2024 models were available and shipped during the last quarter of 2023, which means the car's firmware was designed in the first or second quarter of the year and may not support 2024 model phones (except maybe iPhones).

matsars

Feb 15, 2024
Visit site
If it isn't working with two separate S24 Ultras, then it is probably the car. Can you update your car's firmware? The auto industry uses a different manufacturing/shipping timeline. The 2024 models were available and shipped during the last quarter of 2023, which means the car's firmware was designed in the first or second quarter of the year and may not support 2024 model phones (except maybe iPhones).
I could certainly look into whether there is a firmware update available. I've been trying not to believe it's my car, especially after yesterday's success in connectivity with my phone after it's update but now that it's back to behaving the way it always has and not working I'm starting to get very frustrated with my car and might just take it in the dealership to get looked at by the service department.

Dee74

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
My last three phones have been too big for the Toyota charging pad. Two notes and an S 22 ultra will not fit on the charging pad. I just plug the phone in to charge.

matsars

Feb 15, 2024
Visit site
I'm thinking your device too big for the charging pad and if u don't get it just right it gives issues
Definitely not the case. S23 ultra works fine. Literally the exact same dimensions. S24 ultra even has a larger wireless charge area.

It's gotta be a software issue in the s24 though. All other phones work without issue. Only this piece of **** s24 ultra won't work - twice now with two of them producing the same issue.

Immediately after the recent update my device was connecting flawlessly the way its intended to. So many s24s are having wireless charging issues, not just with cars but with at-home wireless chargers too. It's all over reddit.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Definitely not the case. S23 ultra works fine. Literally the exact same dimensions. S24 ultra even has a larger wireless charge area.

It's gotta be a software issue in the s24 though. All other phones work without issue. Only this piece of **** s24 ultra won't work - twice now with two of them producing the same issue.

Immediately after the recent update my device was connecting flawlessly the way its intended to. So many s24s are having wireless charging issues, not just with cars but with at-home wireless chargers too. It's all over reddit.
Ok , so what are you going to do at this point?

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site

If it's not the device size, and the phone charges on other wireless chargers. It's probably the car; specifically the car's firmware. Both the S22 and S23 Ultra were around when the car was designed and built. The automotive industry is on a different manufacturing cycle than Samsung.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm using the same wireless charger at home as I did with my S22 Ultra. It works fine with or without a case.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
That's certainly possible, but my return window is limited. If the Plus doesn't work, then I'll just settle on a basic S24. If for some god forsaken reason that doesn't work, I just won't upgrade and keep my S22
If it is possible, go to a dealership and try your S24 Ultra one their 2024 Konas. Or, if you know someone with an S24 Ultra, ask them to try their phone on your car.

matsars

Feb 15, 2024
Visit site
If it is possible, go to a dealership and try your S24 Ultra one their 2024 Konas. Or, if you know someone with an S24 Ultra, ask them to try their phone on your car.
I have a service appt for my vehicle on the 16th. I will troubleshoot my car and my phone with one of the other 2024 Kona on the lot and finally get to the bottom of this garbage

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
I have a service appt for my vehicle on the 16th. I will troubleshoot my car and my phone with one of the other 2024 Kona on the lot and finally get to the bottom of this garbage
Good luck and don't forget to swear while you're troubleshooting. It may not help with the troubleshooting, but it can make you feel a little better.

matsars

Feb 15, 2024
Visit site
Update.

The mystery continues.

My S24 Ultra does NOT charge in another 2024 Hyundai N Line. The dealership tested the charge pad in my car and it's working fine. However, they were not able to provide any specifications for the charge pad. They're chalking it up to compatability issues and suspect the car has Qi2.0 which may be why the S24 is having issues. But that doesn't explain why my cars wireless charger works on all the other phones I've tested. Including the ones at the dealership.

There definitely seems to be something up with the S24s though because basically they're manufactured like trash and are creating issues like this. Samsung apparently chose to ignore Qi standards somewhere along the way.

I don't know. I F*** give up with this sh**. F**this phone. F** my car.

Last edited by a moderator: