I just got my Galaxy Note 4 yesterday. And with little use it was at 20 by 8:00 pm, is this normal?

CFCPM10

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I just got my Galaxy Note 4 yesterday. And with little use it was at 20% by 8:00 pm

I wish it lasted me over a day. I looked in my battery settings as well and my screen on time was 5hrs and 20min and it took up 41% of my battery! Can anyone help me? Is it maybe just because it was my first charge? I want some comfort to make sure this is normal/something I can fix.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: I just got my Galaxy Note 4 yesterday. And with little use it was at 20% by 8:00 pm

Welcome to AC :)
The screen is supposed to use a large percentage of the battery. Depending on your brightness, 5 hours is perfectly reasonable for SoT.

CFCPM10

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: I just got my Galaxy Note 4 yesterday. And with little use it was at 20% by 8:00 pm

Well, it doesn't seem that bad but I saw people that have had much more. Many had about 7h on average and their battery life in general seems a lot better. Can I do anything to improve mine? Will the phone just get better over time possibly?

CFCPM10

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site

Well, it doesn't seem that bad but I saw people that have had much more. Many had about 7h on average and their battery life in general seems a lot better. Can I do anything to improve mine? Will the phone just get better over time possibly?

7hrs on average of SoT

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

7hrs on average of SoT

Can you post a screenshot of your battery stats? I know a few people with a Note 4, and they all get between 5-6 hours of SoT. Depends entirely on your usage.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Lollipop 5.0.2