Question for fellow Priv Users

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm going on 24 hours on the Priv and I am having one main issue that I didn't forsee having. While driving today I had navigation on, was listening to a podcast, and answering and making the occasional phone call. I have my android wear watch connected, and my Bluetooth headset connected. I know it seems like a lot, but this is something a similarly specced Oneplus One android phone that I'm switching from does all the time. What would happen is that my navigation and podcast app would close without notice and my watch would disconnect then reconnect. Basically I'm just seeing if anyone that has taxed their phone has had anything similar happen.

Other than that issue I have loved my experience so far. The swiping gestures on the physical keyboard is simply genius.

Posted via the Android Central App

jpoulin587

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have not seen that yet with my PRIV, however I would sometimes see that on my Moto X (2014) when I had a lot going on at the same time.

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I have not seen that yet with my PRIV, however I would sometimes see that on my Moto X (2014) when I had a lot going on at the same time.

I've noticed that it only happens when navigation and my app Pocket cast were running at same time. I have tried overloading it with many other things and I haven't made it stutter any other way.

aecgda

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm going on 24 hours on the Priv and I am having one main issue that I didn't forsee having. While driving today I had navigation on, was listening to a podcast, and answering and making the occasional phone call. I have my android wear watch connected, and my Bluetooth headset connected. I know it seems like a lot, but this is something a similarly specced Oneplus One android phone that I'm switching from does all the time. What would happen is that my navigation and podcast app would close without notice and my watch would disconnect then reconnect. Basically I'm just seeing if anyone that has taxed their phone has had anything similar happen.

Other than that issue I have loved my experience so far. The swiping gestures on the physical keyboard is simply genius.

Was the phone powering the car too or were you doing that?

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a Priv yet, but I am interested. However on my Nexus 6, I regularly have my Moto 360, FitBit, and Samsung Level U headset all on via Bluetooth.

And when I go the car, I leave the headset off, but the phone then connects to my 300c, and I still have the watch and Fitbit connections.

So I don't think you are doing anything that is not expected to work.

nicky_willz

Banned
Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I don't have a Priv yet, but I am interested. However on my Nexus 6, I regularly have my Moto 360, FitBit, and Samsung Level U headset all on via Bluetooth.

And when I go the car, I leave the headset off, but the phone then connects to my 300c, and I still have the watch and Fitbit connections.

So I don't think you are doing anything that is not expected to work.

If you're interested in a BB get the Passport if you're interested in an Android get a Samsung.

nicky_willz

Banned
Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Why not get the best of both worlds? ;)

The Priv isn't refined to be considered the best of both worlds.
I used the Priv for 3days and overall I thought the interface
was quite complicated. BB tried to mesh BB10 with Android
and for me I didn't like it. I prefer either BB10 or pure Android.

One of my gripes was the HUB.
The BB10 HUB painted a clearer picture with obvious direction.
The Priv's HUB has a ton of moving parts which feels more like
sophisticated gmail server than it does a central notification center.
BB will build on the Priv, and we may see more refinement in the Vienna.
However for $730 the Priv doesn't compete with the likes of Samsung.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i had the S3, Note 2, Note 3, S5, and Note 4.

All started out amazing, then turned to a lagfest. Everyone loves the Note 5 now, but i will wait until Note 6 to return, and see if Note 5 becomes a lagfest.

bailed on Note 4 for a Nexus 6, now trying to decide between Droid Turbo 2, LG V10, and BB Priv

nicky_willz

Banned
Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
i had the S3, Note 2, Note 3, S5, and Note 4.

All started out amazing, then turned to a lagfest. Everyone loves the Note 5 now, but i will wait until Note 6 to return, and see if Note 5 becomes a lagfest.

bailed on Note 4 for a Nexus 6, now trying to decide between Droid Turbo 2, LG V10, and BB Priv

Of those 3 phones I'd choose BB Priv

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699