Blu Life One X2 bluetooth draining my battery

clayedwards

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
So far this phone has been pretty great though I can't figure out why when I turn on bluetooth it uses more battery than anything else, even the screen. Anyone else experiencing this?
I can't figure out how to turn off scanning or determine if it's even on by default.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

clayedwards

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Here are some pics of this mornings usage for context.

c870d21f8e072c16ddc2267ea9c24749.jpg

14e1aaba2d2590fd54fd355e9eede483.jpg

0c0240fb4a6c8187d28f181508f80618.jpg

Any ideas?
The computed power consumption of bluetooth is super high for some odd reason.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This probably won't make much of a difference, but go to Settings>Location>Improve Accuracy​, and make sure Bluetooth Scanning is turned off.

clayedwards

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy,
thanks for your advice but I don't see an option for "Improve Accuracy" within the Location settings.. All I see are apps, a section called "Location services" which only has "Accelerated location" for Qualcomm IZAT? and "Google Location History".
There is also a section called "Mode" but in there I only see:
  • High Accuracy (which uses GPS, WLAN, and cellular networks to determine location)
  • Battery Saving (which uses WLAN and cellular networks to determine location)
  • Device Only (which uses GPS to determine location)

I'm not sure what to do outside of that. When I go to the Bluetooth settings I see a notice that says "Blu Life One X2 is visible to nearby devises while Bluetooth settings is open."
I'm assuming that means it only scans when the settings are open and not persistently.

I removed an app that linked to my fitness band (Mi Band from Xiaomi) because I think it may have been causing a problem. Oddly though, the fitness band wasn't listed as a connected device in the Bluetooth settings even though the Mi Band app would still connect to the fitness band. I just removed the app to test what would happen. What's weird is that even though the Mi Band app is no longer installed, and I've rebooted, Bluetooth is still the only thing showing as using my battery the most. I can't figure out why though.

I'll keep testing but if anyone else knows how to fix this I'm all ears.

Thanks,

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Different devices usually have somewhat different menus, so it might be somewhere else. Try going to Setting>Location, then see if there's an overflow menu button at the upper right (that looks like 3 vertical dots). Tap it, and look for an Improve Accuracy, Scanning, or Advanced menu.

You can also try going to Settings>Bluetooth​ and see if there's an overflow menu there.

Drake Dwornik

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
I have one of these phones too. It's definitely a bug in reported usage (and not actual usage). Maybe off by 100x and someone missed a decimal place? Or even 1000x and someone mixed up mAh and Ah

I'm currently at 87% battery, and the phone has a 3000 mAh battery.

Which means only around 390 mAh total has been used (13% of 3000), but it's claiming my Bluetooth has used over 1200 (or 40%) of the total battery.

If the reported numbers on usage were accurate, it'd mean the had a battery equivalent to a medium sized powerbank.

In your screenshot, the Bluetooth "used" over 50% of the battery, but only drained 8%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez