Battery Puffy on Note 20

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
Yeah Samsung batteries been known to swell up especially if put in storage for long periods of time

It's an issue with Lithium Ion battteries in general, not just Samsung. I am curious if it is a problem more frequently experienced with Samsung device batteries... but I suspect it's just drama baiting youtubers to be honest.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's an issue with Lithium Ion battteries in general, not just Samsung. I am curious if it is a problem more frequently experienced with Samsung device batteries... but I suspect it's just drama baiting youtubers to be honest.

Yeah not sure but i did have a s8 plus swell up but thats the only one

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah not sure but i did have a s8 plus swell up but thats the only one

I haven't seen it on a samsung phone yet, but my first was the S10e (I should check it lol). but I have had a Galaxy Buds case battery swell.

I've also seen swelling in a PSP battery, a Google phone and a couple of OnePlus phones though, and that's just among my personal devices.

I genuinely think lithium batteries are going to be one of those things that people look back on in 50 years and think "I can't believe people used to use these crazy thing... may as well have powered things with a live grenade".

Well, if there are still people in 50 years lol.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

It may also just be due to the sheer volume of Samsung phones. If this happens at the same rate for all lithium batteries, and if Samsung makes the lion's share of all Android phones, then it stands to reason that there will be more occurrences in Samsung phones in absolute numbers, even if the relative proportion is the same across all manufacturers.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I haven't seen it on a samsung phone yet, but my first was the S10e (I should check it lol). but I have had a Galaxy Buds case battery swell.

I've also seen swelling in a PSP battery, a Google phone and a couple of OnePlus phones though, and that's just among my personal devices.

I genuinely think lithium batteries are going to be one of those things that people look back on in 50 years and think "I can't believe people used to use these crazy thing... may as well have powered things with a live grenade".

Well, if there are still people in 50 years lol.
Wow galaxy buds swelled, never had that happen

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

I'm still using a Note 20U since launch as my daily phone, and a Note 8 as a spare line and both have original batteries. Still use my 2012 Note 10 tablet occasionally, original battery still gives me over 5 hours screen time or lasts 3 weeks as an alarm clock. My Tab S2 is still going too and I bought that at launch in 2015.

When I worked at Verizon we switched our phone security system over to a system that integrated phone charging, we couldn't disable charging without disabling the security alarm so our phones were now powered 24/7. Every last device swelled up in under a year, didn't matter if it was a phone or a tablet, or which manufacturer made it. Lithium ion batteries only survive so many charges and letting them die or remain fully charged degrades them as does extreme cold or heat.

Samsung holds the majority of Android sales in the United States, so when there is a problem with a few of them, people on YouTube will act like it's a wide spread problem impacting millions.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm still using a Note 20U since launch as my daily phone, and a Note 8 as a spare line and both have original batteries. Still use my 2012 Note 10 tablet occasionally, original battery still gives me over 5 hours screen time or lasts 3 weeks as an alarm clock. My Tab S2 is still going too and I bought that at launch in 2015.

When I worked at Verizon we switched our phone security system over to a system that integrated phone charging, we couldn't disable charging without disabling the security alarm so our phones were now powered 24/7. Every last device swelled up in under a year, didn't matter if it was a phone or a tablet, or which manufacturer made it. Lithium ion batteries only survive so many charges and letting them die or remain fully charged degrades them as does extreme cold or heat.

Samsung holds the majority of Android sales in the United States, so when there is a problem with a few of them, people on YouTube will act like it's a wide spread problem impacting millions.
That's pretty impressive on the older devices

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter