Storage Issues

ShawnsterBear

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone already having notifications of your phone storage running out of space or the fact that you can no longer receive text massages because of no space?

Seems like most of the apps downloaded will not allow you to move them to the micro SD card. I cannot download apps to the phone anymore because of space issues.

Is there a fix?

ShawnsterBear

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Bigger microSD card?

Someone suggested buying a larger microSD card. If you can't move the apps to the card, then does it really matter what size the card is?

lance1955

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Yep got the dreaded low memory on wife phone. She download 3 angry birds to phone and was using Opera browser. Blasted off opera, and moved Angry to sd card, low memory went away.
Quick setting installed is very helpful for quick info of memory and battery life plus other features.
Installed superbox from market. That helps out a lot when it get slow. Memory manager, free up and task killer and a bunch of other stuff.
Going to buy a bigger memory card to "see if that helps" but I doubt it. Even when programs are on SD card they do have a small amount of MB;s on phone itself.

mojosingle

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Yep got the dreaded low memory on wife phone. She download 3 angry birds to phone and was using Opera browser. Blasted off opera, and moved Angry to sd card, low memory went away.
Quick setting installed is very helpful for quick info of memory and battery life plus other features.
Installed superbox from market. That helps out a lot when it get slow. Memory manager, free up and task killer and a bunch of other stuff.
Going to buy a bigger memory card to "see if that helps" but I doubt it. Even when programs are on SD card they do have a small amount of MB;s on phone itself.

You removed your opera browser completely? Can it not be run from the memo card? What is the max size memory card that can be used on this phone?

PS: Do you have Google maps installed? It's one of my must have apps. Just wondering if it works on this phone (or is there a native map app that is acceptable). Thanx for the feedback.

mojosingle

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone already having notifications of your phone storage running out of space or the fact that you can no longer receive text massages because of no space?

Seems like most of the apps downloaded will not allow you to move them to the micro SD card. I cannot download apps to the phone anymore because of space issues.

Is there a fix?

Which apps have you added to your phone? Just curious here on what the limits are before we bump up against this notification warning.

lance1955

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
You removed your opera browser completely? Can it not be run from the memo card? What is the max size memory card that can be used on this phone?

PS: Do you have Google maps installed? It's one of my must have apps. Just wondering if it works on this phone (or is there a native map app that is acceptable). Thanx for the feedback.

Google maps is installed yes. So no problem there. I think I found the main issue. It was with Gmail. When I was poking around in the phone it said EMAIL was using 35MB. Turns out at least in this phone (my optimus V deletes the messages) is that she has all kinds of emails on Gmail. If you dont archive them in gmail they keep loading in the phone due it the interface. After I did an archive on the phone her memory went up to around 46%. Im still playing around with it to see. But I found that information under manage applications. I sure thought it was odd the MB usage. So it appears as of right now when you delete a message from the phone it really does not "go away" if that makes sense. Im still trying to figure it out.

CopperAddict

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
according to the instructions with the phone you can use up to a 32GB SDHC flash memory card. I have ordered a Class 10 (fastest). They can be found online for around $60.

I also had the Text Messaging Full error, and had to do a full reset to factory specs to recover from it.

lance1955

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE
Ok after getting very frustrated with this supposed memory problem. I FINALLY figured it out.
Here is the deal, if you look at my previous post where I made mention of the 35MB of email. Well it climbed to almost 60MB. After check all the email settings and making sure things were "suppose to be deleted" Well to make this short it turns out that the fancy stock email program by default (which I have linked to gmail) never really deletes the messages it just stores them in memory as well as any and all attachments in the phones internal memory, NOT the memory card. I first removed the widget. Then went into manage applications, and clicked on clear data. Which wiped out the 60MB, then I did a force stop.

Now the phone also come with a Gmail app already installed on the phone. Im using this and can report now that the phone was hovering around 26-29% and was super bogged down none the less. With what I stated above Im now at 61% free memory. Im referencing what the app Quick settings is telling me (how accurate this is I dont really know).
So, that seems to be the cause with the other "email" app that is included on the phone.
BTW this is my wifes phone and it was bombarded with facebook emails and tons of other emails with worthless attachments. Not to mention the 300 messages that were in spam! That the other email program did not show. Where they were at your guess is as good as mine. Gmail poped them right up and I was able to delete them no problem. Plus it give you archive feature. Its basically the same deal as if you were in gmail itself. Just less fancy.
Phone is running very smooth now, shes happy. Hope this helps someone else out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty