ATT Galaxy s5 android 5 update on Cricket

blackwaterstout

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I have an ATT branded Galaxy s5 on Cricket and I'm unable to upgrade to Android 5. I thought it would update itself once the update was released but even if I search for the update it tells me none is available. Is there anything I can do?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Don't know. I have an unlocked Nexus 6 and needed to insert the T-Mobile Sim in to update to 5.1. If there is a AT&T ROM you could sideload it. I know not the Nexus 6 the 5.1 update won't be ready until June.

Posted via the Android Central App

blackwaterstout

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
An update. This morning 2 of my co-workers on ATT updated their s5 successfully to Lollipop 5. Mine still won't update. So we pulled the sim card from one of the att phones and inserted it into my phone and I kept getting an error when I tried to update mine. The odd part is the phone worked along with data. It just wouldn't perform the software update. I can't remember the exact error message but regardless it wouldn't work. Not sure what to do now.

k9 rescuer

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Blackwater: In what area of the country are you? Two Best Buys in my area seem pretty unsure about the ability to upgrade my new ATT unlocked s5 with a Cricket SIM to Lollipop or even 4.4.4 saying that it often doesn't work. :-\

blackwaterstout

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Blackwater: In what area of the country are you? Two Best Buys in my area seem pretty unsure about the ability to upgrade my new ATT unlocked s5 with a Cricket SIM to Lollipop or even 4.4.4 saying that it often doesn't work. :-\
WV. The Morgantown store has a Samsung Store inside it and they updated both mine and my wife's s5. Not a single problem. Both phones were previously running 4.4.2.

k9 rescuer

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Thanks blackwaterstout. I found that the Brentwood Best Buy in St. Louis was able to do today also. The Ballwin store didn't have a clue.

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
To resurrect an old thread....
About to move an att s5 to cricket, and am wondering if any of you can tell me if your cricket network s5 has gotten the 5.1.1 update?
TIA

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo