Am I Being Scammed by my Developer?

knarfor

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
I received an email today from my app developer (copied below with names redacted).

The long and short of it is that they want me to fork over $1050 to update my two apps because they will be removed from Android and Apple Play/Store if I don’t, due to some kind of “mandatory global security upgrade” that Google and Apple notified my developer of last week. The deadline is supposedly October 31st.

Has anyone heard of this, or is there something shady going on?

~~~~~~~

Dear Valued XXXXXXX Customer,

The mobile application platforms are going through a mandatory global security upgrade requirement that will suspend your applications interface in the Play and App Store if you do not upgrade your Android and Apple applications by October 31, 2016. While there are a lot of positive improvements with this upgrade that will enhance your experience as well as your customers experience, this is mandatory security change from Google and Apple that directly affect ALL applications.

If you are receiving this e-mail, it has been determined that you have an “application” that you initiated as part of your XXXXXX account with XXXXXX. If you wish for your customers to continue to utilize your application to place orders, it is imperative that you call me or reply to this email so we can discuss and get your signage on the necessary documents to accommodate this change. In partnering with your business, we are addressing this with you ahead of the deadline and at an aggressively discounted cost of 50% off the fees associated with normal app development, as well as with a 2 month payment plan to accommodate this necessary adjustment.

Justify23

Feb 5, 2017
Visit site
Based on experience, some old SDK has issues with security from Google and Apple store. The cost maybe for the SDK or all for the upgrade of the SDK but you need to check this to them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38