How can I make icons appear on desktop when powering on?

relztrah

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I only use this phone for wifi calls, so I only have (and only need) two apps: RingTo and GrooVe IP. I'm using an old Motorola Triumph with CyanogenMod.

When I power on, I have to slide across the screen to make the icons visible. It's not a big deal for me, but my mother is going to be using this phone, and if she doesn't see icons on the desktop when she powers it on, she'll assume the phone isn't working. She's accustomed to using only a dumbphone.

Can I shrink the area where icons appear so that there is only one screen size where they appear? I don't need extra space for other icons, because like I say, I'm not going to download any more apps on this phone.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can always place app shortcuts on your main homescreen, which is what you see immediately after booting up, without needing to open the App Drawer. If it's already cluttered, just tap and hold on whatever's in there and you should be able to remove icons and widgets. Tapping and holding on an empty space should let you add shortcuts or widgets.