Slight problem

Karlito

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Upon installing liberty 1.5 rom on my droid 2 (global), i dont have any service. I tried dialing *228 to see if it was a verzion issue and it wasnt. I read about this before on a different site and one person flashed 1.5 agian. I am not positive what "flash" is, I know i must have done it to run a new rom but im not sure what step. My only problem with trying to reinstall liberity 1.5 is that my phone isnt reading my sd card, which is where the file for liberty is. I found the sd card somehow when my phone was connected to my computer so my sd wasnt wiped in the process. I apologize if this post sounds like a childish ramble, I was detirmined to root and set a rom tonight and ive been trying to fix it all morning so im drained. Please help i dont want a paperweight for another year and a half until my plan is up.
Thank you.

Karlito

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Im gonna give you all a play by play so you know where im at. I just fiddled around with the sd card and turned the phone on. It reconized the sd card and i re-installed liberty 1.5. Didnt work.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
That's not good. I really hope you made a backup of your stock rom before you flashed liberty. I don't think the D2 rom will work on the D2G. You need to flash back (load) your backup, if you didn't make a backup then I would download a different rom for the D2G.

Edit: try fission http://www.teamdefuse.com/, they have a D2G specific rom, it's stable, I have used it on my DX and D2

Last edited:

Karlito

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I keep digging myself in a deeper hole. I reset to facory settings wiped the partioned thing in hope that it will just run on old rom, but intead it took out the liberty part of the rom. I am gonna stop trying to be mr fix it and leave it alone until i hear from someone who knows what im doing wrong.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I know what you did wrong, this isn't my first rodeo. Are you currently in bootstrap recovery (black screen with green letters)?

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
You can flash a new rom from bootstrap. Go to the site I linked in my first post and download the latest build of the fission rom for D2G. Get it out the root of your sd card and flash like you did for Liberty from bootstrap. The D2G has a different radio than the D2 and needs a specific rom. That should get you up and running. I have to leave for work in 6th hours so I need to get some sleep. Good luck.

Reactions: Karlito