Battery only lasting 4.5 hours - phone warm

RDandle

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Aside from this problem I love the phone so far.

I was out of the country for 2 weeks. I got the phone the day before I left. It worked fine with no battery life issues. I used wifi, skype, web browsing, email... I had no actual cell coverage while I was there so it was all wifi.

Now that I have been back for 2 days I have noticed the battery life is really really bad. I installed task killer and process monitor to see if there was a program running, but nothing obvious and not better after killing all programs.

I do run Skype and yesterday enabled video calling. Not sure if it has anything to do with it. As of right now I have turned Skype video capability off and also signed out of and unloaded Skype. We'll see if this works.

Anyone else having similar problem?

Thanks

~

furbymac

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
get rid of the task killer and all your problems will be solved

any thing that runs in the back ground constantly will drain your battery on any device (task killers and process monitor)

csimme01

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I agree task killer is a negative as far as battery life goes. Try the task manager that came on the phone. Set it to shut down things you don't want.

RDandle

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
That may be, but the reason I installed task killer specifically to see if I could detect what was draining my battery.

So the problem existed before I had ever installed task killer or process monitor.

Thanks

~

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Do you have 4G in your area? If not turn it off. 4G sucks battery life quick even when your not in 4G coverage.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Travisimo

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I was just about to post that. I had widgetlocker and the same thing happened on my bionic and my dad's droid 3. uninstalled it and it was fine.

I wouldn't think Widgetlocker itself should cause any additional battery drain, unless of course you put widgets there that are performing background updating. In other words, it's widgets that cause battery drain, regardless of whether they are on your main home screens or in Widgetlocker.

Rhuarc

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was widget locker as wel causing my battery drain, but I believeitwas the MLB at bat widget. As sooas i uninstalled that my battery life went from 5 hours in basically standby to 10 or 12 hours and still having some battery left. I also had some problems with an aviation weather widget that was constantly updating.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I've also has battery problems with widgetlocker. Also agree dump the task killer and the process monitor. You can use the included task app if you must manually kill tasks but honestly the best thing I ever did to improve battery life is to stop worrying about it. Get an extended life or spare battery if you must. I am guessing your problem is 4G and maybe inconsistent signal strength. Turn off LTE unless you need it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11