Initial Impressions of OTA .246

pdredman72

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Definately no iphone here my girl has one and there is nothing that impresses me with it! I am a droid fan for sure and will never complain after ics wether we get jb or not!

soon to be ICS Bionic

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
People who are TRULY impatient are more than welcome to read about the House of Bionic and use it to install the 246 OTA build.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My initial impression? Im still sick of waiting. Verizon is a joke. Jelly Bean will be another years wait.
Should have gotten the iPhone. Live and learn I guess.

Again.

It's a rollout. And rollouts happen in stages.

Calm down.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I just have to say that after using ics for a few days, I'm blown away. It's like I have a new phone again. The speed of phone was greatly improved. There are some changes I don't like (I preferred the old settings menu), but for the most part I'm happy, and impressed with how well the upgrade worked. I just wanted to show some love on here to reassure those who haven't gotten the update yet. Oh yea, as samurai has stated multiple times, it's a very good idea to get your pictures, music, etc off the sd card. It took about 20 min (for me) to get past that one step in the upgrade.

AllPurposeRadio

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hitting the system update before it's ready sends you to the back of the list. ;)
Never heard that before...that sux! Why does it do that? It's like punishing people for being proactive in trying to get the update.

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Up and running on 246. Thanks to Hob and his support. Took me from 232 to a partial bricked phone and back to 246. Works great seems noticeably faster. Thanks again to Samuri

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Android Central Forums

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Couple more observations:

• The DLNA app under GB was part of Blur. The new equivalent is called My Music.
  • The News app was also part of Blur, and I don't see an equivalent in ICS. Guess I'll have to hunt for a new RSS client.
  • Tasker can no longer enable/disable GPS directly. It has to vector the request through Secure Settings. I have tested the new approach, and it works.
  • I don't know whether this is an ICS-specific question, because my newly-ordered dock/charger arrived a couple of days after ICS did, so I have no experience with the GB version of the docking software. Under ICS, docking the Bionic starts out working like the car dock, turning the display into landscape mode and offering a choice of bedside or office mode. Once the bedside mode is selected, though, the menu options allow for a 20- or 40-minute sleep timer, but there's no obvious way to select the media source from which to play for that length of time. I can queue up a directory on the DLNA server via My Music, then dock the device, then set the sleep time, but that seems like a rather clunky solution. Has anybody played with the bedside docking mode enough to be able to induct me into the inner circle of enlightenment? Also, does anybody know what the button at the bottom of the bedside display (the one with headphones on it) is supposed to do? It doesn't appear to toggle headphone mode, which is the only function I can think of that goes with the icon.
  • The car dock software doesn't always seem to pass the proper orientation information through to apps that are called from within it, so they sometimes come up facing sideways. I can't make it break reliably, though; if I come up with a way to do so that will probably also point up a useful avenue of inquiry for troubleshooting, and I'll keep the forum current on what I find.

acedl

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
How do i get the orange stripe around email icon... on homescreen????

Ics. 246

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
How do i get the orange stripe around email icon... on homescreen????

Ics. 246

What orange stripe?

Are you referring to the unread counter?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch