My poor Bionic! I need help with this ICS on my Bionic. (Going Crazy!)

MattCharles

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I have nothing but great things to say about the Bionic phone. It has been, hands down the best phone I've used on Verizonwireless! I cannot say nothing but great things about this phone on GB. So I get the app to update to ICS and boy that was a HUGE MISTAKE! Now I cannot stand this phone! :(

I need help with a couple things...

Turning off LTE... I see the option... I just cannot click on it to do this, why would Verizon do that?! There are other settings that are there that you cannot use and it's like Verizon is going, hahahaha, you can look, but you cannot touch lol.

I have tried every app in the Google Store and nothing seems to be working for me. :( This is killing my battery! This is the forth time I am charging my phone today, and I can normally get away with charging my phone like twice in a day, sometimes 3 times. A one last charge before bed. But this is horrible, 4 times? My battery was never like this. My phone is also getting very hot as well. It did this once in a while but all day it has been hot. An update is suppose to be better on the phone, not worse!

My emails keep on coming back after I delete them. Why is this? It is very annoying lol. I miss being able to see all my emails in one msg box, now I have to have them lined up! So annoying.

I think that is it for now.

Please help! Thanks :)

MightyT

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
To truly switch LTE on or off download the following from the Play Store (yes, it works for the Bionic):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.andirc.lteonfoff&feature=related_apps#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEwOSwibmV0LmFuZGlyYy5sdGVvbmZvZmYiXQ..

Then go here for instructions on how to use it:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-razr-maxx-ics-discussion/214475-lte-off-settings.html

You will save some battery and heat issues while on LTE and less battery and heat issues staying on 3G and toggling as necessary.

Also, download Quadrant and go into system settings to see if you got your CPU bumped up from 1 GHZ to 1.2 GHZ. This can also cause heat issues. My Razr Maxx can get quite warm outdoors.

Finally, it is worth it to purchase the extended battery. You can still get them on Amazon and Ebay sells very nice low profile cases to make it less bulky then other cases. Here's the link:
Extended Battery Fit TPU Hard Rubber Case for Motorola Droid Bionic Black | eBay

Good luck!

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
You got an app to update your phone?....what app did you get?....also when you delete an email is your phone set up to delete from the server or just from your phone.....and for turning off 4g I use an app from the play store called phone info.....as for the heat.....mine gets hot with heavy use as well but it's no big deal since I use it as much as I do it's not unexpected....and what do you mean by you miss being able to see all your emails in one message box and now they are all lined up.....what email program do you use......

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Turning off LTE... I see the option... I just cannot click on it to do this, why would Verizon do that?! There are other settings that are there that you cannot use and it's like Verizon is going, hahahaha, you can look, but you cannot touch lol.

It will be like this going forward.

Instead of wasting space by downloading another app, you can use this key combination in the dialer to access that same menu:

*#*#4636#*#*

Phone Information

I have tried every app in the Google Store and nothing seems to be working for me. This is killing my battery! This is the forth time I am charging my phone today, and I can normally get away with charging my phone like twice in a day, sometimes 3 times. A one last charge before bed. But this is horrible, 4 times? My battery was never like this. My phone is also getting very hot as well. It did this once in a while but all day it has been hot. An update is suppose to be better on the phone, not worse!

What do you mean by "nothing seems to be working for me"?

My emails keep on coming back after I delete them. Why is this? It is very annoying lol. I miss being able to see all my emails in one msg box, now I have to have them lined up! So annoying.

Gmail app or Email app?

MightyT

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
"Instead of wasting space by downloading another app, you can use this key combination in the dialer to access that same menu:

*#*#4636#*#*

Phone Information"

LTE OnOFF - HTC Thunderbolt in the Google Play Store does exactly this without having to always enter and/or remember the characters above. It's just a shortcut to get to the same result.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
"Instead of wasting space by downloading another app, you can use this key combination in the dialer to access that same menu:

*#*#4636#*#*

Phone Information"

LTE OnOFF - HTC Thunderbolt in the Google Play Store does exactly this without having to always enter and/or remember the characters above. It's just a shortcut to get to the same result.

I know what it does exactly.

I just made the suggestion since you can do that without needing to install an app.

MattCharles

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded Switchit and that seems to be doing the trick, however, it keeps defaulting back to LTE. How can I get it to stay to 3G when I turn my phone on? It takes up 10% of the battery when it just starts up! and I meant update not app lol sorry.

Also, where do u dial the shortcut at? In your phone dialer? I know stupid question but there are a lot of tricks I don't know with my DROID.
I will not get an iPhone lol.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
That's right, just input it into the phone dialer. Don't have to push call it anything, as it enters the menu as soon as the combination is entered. Or copy and paste if viewing this from the phone and will enter the settings once you paste it.

MattCharles

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
That's right, just input it into the phone dialer. Don't have to push call it anything, as it enters the menu as soon as the combination is entered. Or copy and paste if viewing this from the phone and will enter the settings once you paste it.

But every time I turn my phone off and power it up, it goes back to LTE 4G. I want to keep it to 3G.
Which setting do I keep it at?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89