After rooting with Odin, I'm now stuck on booting screen forever

PsychicNoodles

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the battery in my Charge accidentally fell out before the partitioning and rooting finished because whenever I turn on my phone it says something like "Insufficient space in partition" and then loops the Droid and explosiony screen. Is there any way to fix the partition? I've tried reinstalling the root rom in recovery mode but nothing happened.

Also, sorry if I don't understand, well, anything you say. I literally got interested in rooting a few days ago and I know almost nothing. Thanks...:'(

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: After rooting with Odin, I'm now stuck on booting screen fore

Had something similar happen to me....I just download the stock file and used Odin to fix it....then did the ota update back to ee4 and started all over again......I have messed this phone up a few times but Odin fixes it every time....

PsychicNoodles

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

Okay, as I said complete and utter noob. Where can I get said stock file? And I assume ota update is just like the regular update to ee4. Luckily, this phone is rather new so I'm not losing too much stuff.

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

On the main page...the one you posted on you will see a yellow box and inside will say sticky....how to return to stock.....read this and follow the instructions....when it says download stock image that is the stock file.....you will have to save it.....unzip it....then use Odin to install....once you get done with install you will get a message for an ota update.....any problems or questions just ask....I will be up all night lol

PsychicNoodles

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

This is what I get. It doesn't work.

<ID:0/010> Added!!
<ID:0/010> Odin v.3 engine (ID:10)..
<ID:0/010> File analysis..
<ID:0/010> Enter CS for MD5..
<ID:0/010> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<ID:0/010> Please wait..
<ID:0/010> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<ID:0/010> Leave CS..
<ID:0/010> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/010> Initialzation..
<ID:0/010> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/010> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/010> boot.bin
<ID:0/010>
<ID:0/010> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/010> Removed!!

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site

ODIN can be picky. If you're flashing with ODIN with your battery out, try leaving your battery in.

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Also try plugging your USB cable into a different port on your computer....preferably one in the rear....weird but I have had to do that before to get it to work.....also make sure you unchecked the auto reboot box....

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

And as far as leaving the battery in......what I do is launch Odin....uncheck auto reboot......click on the PDA button.....select the tar file I want......plug in my phone with no battery and hold the volume down til I get the yellow triangle....then put the battery in.....then hit the start button....my phone will fail if I don't have the battery in........

PsychicNoodles

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

And as far as leaving the battery in......what I do is launch Odin....uncheck auto reboot......click on the PDA button.....select the tar file I want......plug in my phone with no battery and hold the volume down til I get the yellow triangle....then put the battery in.....then hit the start button....my phone will fail if I don't have the battery in........

Oh my God. Are you a wizard? Thank you so much! Now to try rooting with this method...

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Wizard no.....it's just what I have learned in the 6 days I have had this phone as I have had to go back to stock a time or 2....I used Odin to install gummy 1.9 and it had the root file all together...worked great and now I have the blue Myst theme over that.....loving this phone....

Christo37

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

put in recovery mode by turning off pressing power home volume down let go of home when you see samung the do a factory reset

Reactions: papa54

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Hell I bricked mine 2-3 times over the weekend.....gotta love Odin lol

soft bricked here myself.. up till 5 and at it again.. saw a few bricks and tried everything over n over untill its beaten my brains to a pulp..
but the one thing i have not tried yet was changing the cable..so i'll start over again...
is it best to use the XDA file back to stock? or use the last resort?
i have tried each so many times and no charge no more.. constant reboot .
heeeeeeeeelp

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

soft bricked here myself.. up till 5 and at it again.. saw a few bricks and tried everything over n over untill its beaten my brains to a pulp..
but the one thing i have not tried yet was changing the cable..so i'll start over again...
is it best to use the XDA file back to stock? or use the last resort?
i have tried each so many times and no charge no more.. constant reboot .
heeeeeeeeelp

Used trusted cord, went for the ed2 stock file, placed Ph. in Download mode, put battery back in Ph. Turned off anti-virus,
walked off and left it. came back - the Download was complete. Phone is at ed2 and while resetting ev thing, its uploading to EE4.. Phone was counting down to a restart and EE4 is now installing..
thx again, i am waiting on the OTA EE4 install as i am typing..
thanks a million folks.

PS> now to raid momas fingernail polish and place a dot on good usb cable

Last edited:

teamneon

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

Ive been ignoring the update for awhile now since im rooted....but last night it tried it and bricked my phone. I tried flashing with odin this morning with 3 diff stock files and couldnt get it to work....the damn cable! Swapped to an oem cable and it worked first try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty