Lose text to voice when Bluetooth connected

dptdawg

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
When I am connected to Bluetooth in my car I lose text to voice for text messages and turn by turn directions. This is on a rooted Droid Razr M is anybody else having the same problem? Or any ideas on how to fix it? Double checked volume settings and text to voice settings.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

toddbecker#CB

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Connected to a headset or built in handsfree system? My phone expects voice input from the Bluetooth device and I can't initiate that in the car.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums

Rick6ft7

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
This has happened to me twice..once when using the samsung galaxy and now when using the Razr max...both times after a version update.

Lance Boyd

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I think it is a limitation of your car's bluetooth system. I have Mazda CX-9 and a Razr M and have the same problem, but don't have any problems with other BT devices. When you engage the voice command, the phone thinks the input will come from the car because that is the way BT is designed. But the car doesn't know this (wasn't programmed to be smart enough) so your phone never "hears" your voice because the car system is doing nothing. Hopefully one day your car company will issue a software update, but don't hold your breath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress