What to do with my RAZR M?

mia389

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I have had my RAZR M for almost two years now. It was an awesome phone for the first year. I had a software update and then my phone sucked. My battery life went way down and my phone would get hot from time to time. Then another update came. I was hoping all would be good but it actually got even worse. Now my phone only makes it half of the day with only light use.

I called Motorola tech support and wasted my time. They said they would send me same phone if I paid them a 150$.

Next month I will be at two years with this phone, so I will be available to upgrade. Should I try to fix my phone or just sign the contract and move to another phone. If new phone which do you recommend? I loved the size and speed of the RAZR M but I feel the software updates killed a good thing. I was looking at the S4 mini.

It seems others in the forums have had the same issues as me. Has going back to an older update worked? If so, can the average guy do such a thing?

What do you guys/gals recommend?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! My situation a year ago was similar, but not identical. I had a Razr Maxx, which used to be awesome, then got reaaaaaalllly slow. I still have it, but it's my bedside alarm clock now, as well as a media device. I also use it to test things out when trying to answer questions on AC.

If you prefer the smaller size, then you might consider the 2013 Moto X, which was pretty universally praised, and is still a good choice. You can probably also get it for a really good price brand new on places like eBay. The 2014 Moto X might be too big for you, if you prefer the smaller size of the Razr M.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the same issues with battery life and really sluggish speeds with my M. I use it for my backup device and need to use it from time to time. It used to be a really neat device. Nice compact size and stellar battery life. I'm not sure what happened. I might root it to see if that helps.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I having no issues with my RAZR M on the latest update. Maybe a factory reset may help you out.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
mine sucks major zebra testicles now. It's embarrassingly horrible now. I feel like the people saying they have no issues are either lying or are not heavy app users. I run a launcher and swiftkey keyboard . I've factory reset 3 times in the last 6 months even tried to run stock but it still lags. Battery gets hot at 50% low. Now my phone/dialer app is forceclosing on me every time I need to call someone. Unlocking from the lock screen takes 10 seconds to turn on. Camera app "camera failed to initialize" all the time. I feel like whenever I actually need my phone to do something it freezes up in whatever app I need. Contract is up in Feb and I can't friggin wait.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
mine sucks major zebra testicles now. It's embarrassingly horrible now. I feel like the people saying they have no issues are either lying or are not heavy app users. I run a launcher and swiftkey keyboard . I've factory reset 3 times in the last 6 months even tried to run stock but it still lags. Battery gets hot at 50% low. Now my phone/dialer app is forceclosing on me every time I need to call someone. Unlocking from the lock screen takes 10 seconds to turn on. Camera app "camera failed to initialize" all the time. I feel like whenever I actually need my phone to do something it freezes up in whatever app I need. Contract is up in Feb and I can't friggin wait.
I have not had any of those issues. I actually find my battery is lasting longer than it used to. My only complaint is the 1GB of RAM making apps reload if you leave then for too long, but other than that, no issues.

metros11

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
In my opinion Kitkat completely killed this phone. Prior to that it was a wonderful performer, now the battery life is so horrendous it's pretty useless unless you have a way to charge the phone all the time.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
My wife's razr m was really sucking battery. I went into settings, then battery, and noticed there were unnecessary services draining the battery.
I don't remember now what they were, but I disabled them, and now she's back to almost a full day of use.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo