Flip stand. What about a good old fashioned dock?

umbertob

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I understand the point of the new flip stand is to minimize the need for a new dedicated dock ever time you buy a new phone, but I like the convenience of a dock, you just drop your handset in and it magically charges, no cables to connect / disconnect or accidentally pull and damage. Is there any hope we will eventually get one for our Maxx HD, from either Motorola or an aftermarket supplier?

Last edited:

wm.cal

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
The thing I like about the flip stand is that you can easily grab the phone from the nightstand without having to extract it from a dock and look at it while in bed. You don't even have to put it back in the stand, because it's still connected. I had the Bionic before and if I needed to look closely at it at night I had to pick up the whole dock too because it was too hard to get it back in while sleepy. The problem with the HD Maxx is that I use the thing as a clock radio every night (running the White Noise app - 5 stars from me) and I don't ever get the battery below 75%. I know that to preserve battery life you need to discharge it once in while, but in two weeks the thing hasn't got below 75% with heavy use all day.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The thing I like about the flip stand is that you can easily grab the phone from the nightstand without having to extract it from a dock and look at it while in bed. You don't even have to put it back in the stand, because it's still connected. I had the Bionic before and if I needed to look closely at it at night I had to pick up the whole dock too because it was too hard to get it back in while sleepy. The problem with the HD Maxx is that I use the thing as a clock radio every night (running the White Noise app - 5 stars from me) and I don't ever get the battery below 75%. I know that to preserve battery life you need to discharge it once in while, but in two weeks the thing hasn't got below 75% with heavy use all day.

You do NOT need to discharge a lithium ion battery! It had approximately 500 charging cycles either way. A charge from 0% to 100% is one cycle. A charge from 50% to 100% is half a charge cycle.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You do NOT need to discharge a lithium ion battery! It had approximately 500 charging cycles either way. A charge from 0% to 100% is one cycle. A charge from 50% to 100% is half a charge cycle.

I thought LiOn batteries had more charges than that, upwords of 1000 or something like that.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I thought LiOn batteries had more charges than that, upwords of 1000 or something like that.

You may be right but I thought it was 500 charging cycles. Either way, the charging cycle process stays the same and there is no need to discharge the battery at any time. Ideally, one should drain the battery a little bit as staying fully charged isn't necessarily the best option either. So after a normal days use, charge it up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87