Could you ever go to a smaller battery phone?

mbmullins76

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
This is my first day with the maxx hd. I returned a gs3 for this phone. Main reason was the battery and what I'm hoping is better radios. I've read the moto radios are top notch. I wasn't to impressed with reception and call quality of the gs3.

So far, I'm very happy with thisphone. The luke warm reviews I read don't do this phone justice.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
For brevity no. It's just too good.

If the DNA replacement on Verizon has an LCD3 screen and at least a 2500mah battery then I think I'd be tempted for sure. But I'd wait it out to see posts about efficiency and how it plays out. But my HD now is perfectly fine for some time. I can easily wait to see the Q3/Q4 Motorola phones whether it's the X Phone line or some new razr maxx. :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
For brevity no. It's just too good. This is a cool thread so here's more.....

If the DNA replacement on Verizon has an LCD3 screen and at least a 2500mah battery then I think I'd be tempted for sure. But I'd wait it out to see posts about efficiency and how it plays out. But my HD now is perfectly fine for some time. I can easily wait to see the Q3/Q4 Motorola phones whether it's the X Phone line or some new razr maxx. :D

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I neeeeeeeed someone's help with my battery. I want to love this phone, but I've just had so many issues with it. My main gripe (nope, not the lag. Nope, not the alarm clock sometimes deciding not to wake me up in the morning.) is the LACK of battery life I've gotten from it. I know. I sound like a troll because HOW could the battery life be bad with a RMHD? I can't answer that and that's why I need your help. Today was a really good day for my phone, considering it's still at 40% after just under 13 hrs since I took it off the charger (fully charged). Normally, I have to charge it while at work. Of note, I keep my brightness at 0% at all times, WiFi is on only in the apt, I even turn off data when I'm not actively using it. I downloaded the GSam battery app just now to hopefully figure something out, but I can't stand seeing everyone talk about the amazing battery life when I'm not getting it with the same phone. That's literally the main reason I got this phone. I took it to Verizon, they put it on a phone call for 1 hour, and then told me the battery was within normal limits and wouldn't help me out. I barely even make phone calls, so I don't think that's an accurate test for my usage. What the hell is going on? What can I do to fix the problem (or convince Verizon that I'm not crazy and give me a new RMHD)?

Sounds like you have a bum unit. It happens with every phone model out there. No one knows why, but it happens. So take it back to Verizon and demand an exchange.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Regarding the OP, For what I do for work and fun, I need a battery this big.I can go 12 hours with out being able to plug in my phone and yes I use it a lot. Don't play games but I use other features. This is the first phone I have had that will get me through that period. There are extended batteries for other phones, but the problem with those are that cases such as the Otterbox Defender or Seidio Active won't fit with the extended battery. So I need a phone with this big battery built into the form factor. My biggest fear is that Moto won't make a big battery version of the X or what ever their next phone is. On top of it, the only other phone brand that I have seen that comes close to matching Moto radios is HTC. So yes, despite the lousy camera, I am very happy and hesitant of what the future holds.

tbro4033

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you have a bum unit. It happens with every phone model out there. No one knows why, but it happens. So take it back to Verizon and demand an exchange.

Yea, that's my guess. But I took it there once already and they told me it was fine. I plan on going back (to a different Verizon store) the next time I get a chance and raising all hell if they tell me it's fine again.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Yea, that's my guess. But I took it there once already and they told me it was fine. I plan on going back (to a different Verizon store) the next time I get a chance and raising all hell if they tell me it's fine again.
A lot of times that is par for the course. Most stores do their best to not give out an exchange unit. I'm surprised that they didn't do a factory reset (with or with out telling you before hand) and then told you to monitor it. Having said that you can do this; Call customer service, if you already have, tell them that you have done a factory reset already X many days or weeks ago, and that you have seen no change in performance and request a NEW replacement.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Regarding the OP, For what I do for work and fun, I need a battery this big.I can go 12 hours with out being able to plug in my phone and yes I use it a lot. Don't play games but I use other features. This is the first phone I have had that will get me through that period. There are extended batteries for other phones, but the problem with those are that cases such as the Otterbox Defender or Seidio Active won't fit with the extended battery. So I need a phone with this big battery built into the form factor. My biggest fear is that Moto won't make a big battery version of the X or what ever their next phone is. On top of it, the only other phone brand that I have seen that comes close to matching Moto radios is HTC. So yes, despite the lousy camera, I am very happy and hesitant of what the future holds.

I've had a little bit of that future fear as well, but I'd like to think that this phone has sold well enough that there will be successive MAXX phones. I guess if not I'll have to go back to the mere peasant batteries that I used in days of old...

jmunster

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The HTC One looks really nice and I am tempted but found myself asking this exact question. How could I go back to a phone with a "normal" battery? Hoping whatever Motorola and Google have going includes a big battery option. I have a while before upgrading, so they have time...

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
After living with BlackBerry and swapping batteries all the time (making sure I had an extra fully charged battery and those damn car chargers) , to the Incredible which just sucked, to the Thunderbolt (making sure I turned on airplane mde in the subways or stop charging just before leaving the house... It eventually got ok with the lumpy extended battery), I will never go back. It's such liberation to not worry about my phone dying. Lowest I've ever brought the phone was into the teens in percentage and that's with extreme use (for me). My Tbolt eventually did that but with a lot of tweaking and that bulky extended battery pack. I don't think I can ever go back to having to try and ration out my phone activity to conserve battery life again. From here on out, any phone I get will have to equal or better the maxx hd's battery life.

On that note, it's not really about battery capacity. The DNA gets surprisingly good battery life, much better than I thought with a 5" screen and a ~2000mah battery. No where near the maxx hd but very good.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
As an aside for the future... I imagine it isn't all about battery capacity, but also how efficiently the phone uses the battery. Perhaps they will come out with more efficient phones with smaller batteries.

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
My impression is that this is a really mature, reliable, enterprise-class device. Have to say; using the phone for the day, setting it on a desk and forgetting about it until the next morning, then picking it up and seeing there's still 78% battery is a VERY good thing that I AM getting used to. I expect Motogoogle to get involved in the horsepower games that the other vendors are, eventually abandoning users who desire a solid, stable, reliability-focused, feature-rich device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress