S23 is one of a kind

dleavins

Oct 24, 2018
Visit site
I know all the talk is usually about the bigger phones, and I might end up with an S24 ultra at some point in 2024 but I like the smaller form factor a lot.

Picked up an S23 the other day. And I am impressed. It is FAST. Screen is beautiful. Battery lasts me all-day easy. (40% has been the lowest it has gotten)

Compared to the iPhone 15 and Pixel 8 this phone clearly stands out. It has:

Telephoto lens (ip15 and p8 do not)
Matte glass back (p8 does not)
120hz screen with AOD (ip15 does not)

In this smaller form factor, the S23 is one of a kind.

dleavins

Oct 24, 2018
Visit site
Actually, I suppose the iPhone 15 pro would have the matte glass back, the 120 hz, and the telephoto camera, but it is more expensive.

schlepprock

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
S23 Ultra is definitely a powerhouse of a phone. I had a Note 9,one of the best, but traded it in for a Note 20 Ultra, one of the worst phones ever. Loving my S23 Ultra!

Reactions: dleavins

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I know all the talk is usually about the bigger phones, and I might end up with an S24 ultra at some point in 2024 but I like the smaller form factor a lot.

Picked up an S23 the other day. And I am impressed. It is FAST. Screen is beautiful. Battery lasts me all-day easy. (40% has been the lowest it has gotten)

Compared to the iPhone 15 and Pixel 8 this phone clearly stands out. It has:

Telephoto lens (ip15 and p8 do not)
Matte glass back (p8 does not)
120hz screen with AOD (ip15 does not)

In this smaller form factor, the S23 is one of a kind.

I love my Green S23. Every phone should be MATTE finished.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I love Samsung phones! And smaller form factors! So glad you're loving your S23! The matte really looks nice on Samsung phones. Their design is just flawless. I still miss the sheen and sparkliness of my S10.

Reactions: dleavins

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yep I think matte is the way to go, it's not a major fingerprint magnet, and it actually has enough grip to kinda hang onto... unlike other phones that are like trying to hold on to a piece of oiled ice (yes I'm looking at you Google.. especially that ridiculously slippery P6Pro lol).

Reactions: Laura Knotek

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Yes, it stands out as the only smaller Android phone that doesn't have significant compromises compared to the larger phones in its product line.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yep I think matte is the way to go, it's not a major fingerprint magnet, and it actually has enough grip to kinda hang onto... unlike other phones that are like trying to hold on to a piece of oiled ice (yes I'm looking at you Google.. especially that ridiculously slippery P6Pro lol).
I prefer matte as well, but I actually find glossy phones easier to hold onto.

Maybe there's some gecko in my cocktail.

dleavins

Oct 24, 2018
Visit site
Well...now a week later...I exchanged the S23 for an S23 Ultra. I still love the S23. But I could not resist the bigger screen and the s pen. I was going to wait until the next ultra came out, but I got a great deal on the current model.
I feel a little like a traitor to my previous post, but I still like that S23 a lot for what it is. Just decided the ultra was for me.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well...now a week later...I exchanged the S23 for an S23 Ultra. I still love the S23. But I could not resist the bigger screen and the s pen. I was going to wait until the next ultra came out, but I got a great deal on the current model.
I feel a little like a traitor to my previous post, but I still like that S23 a lot for what it is. Just decided the ultra was for me.

I always forget there's even a S pen in the phone.

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I Picked up an S23 (unlocked) on sale from Amazon. The Pixel 8 Pro is my daily driver and I am very happy with it. I am impressed with the S23. Very Fast and Fingerprint sensor is definitely superior.

I want to subscribe to the Android Beta Program but I don't think it's available in the USA yet for the S23. I am on Android 13 and OneUi 5.1. Boost Infinite (AT&T).

Ideas?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I Picked up an S23 (unlocked) on sale from Amazon. The Pixel 8 Pro is my daily driver and I am very happy with it. I am impressed with the S23. Very Fast and Fingerprint sensor is definitely superior.

I want to subscribe to the Android Beta Program but I don't think it's available in the USA yet for the S23. I am on Android 13 and OneUi 5.1. Boost Infinite (AT&T).

Ideas?
Quite the opposite actually,you're a bit late to the party... the OneUI 6 US beta is over now and stable has started rolling out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter