What's NFC?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Near Field Communications.

Two devices (phones) or other related devices supporting this like Google Wallet at certain stores can communicate with each other simply buy waving the device nearby. Use it to transfer files, pics, etc. between two devices or pay for your coffee, etc...

jerry 12

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I heard it did have the NFC chip in it so maybe they will turn it on with a software up grade. Now I don't know about the chip my self but I read that from a cell phone review site but don't know if it is true. My bold 9930 didn't have the NFC turn on until BlackBerry did a software ware up date.

Last edited:

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the phone has an NFC chip in it (could be wrong though), but they have microSD cards with integrated NFC chips though those cards aren't totally ready for primetime.

kf_109634

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I've heard this term thrown around but I don't know what it is, so what is it? Also does the Razr Maxx have it?

This link below outlines NFC pretty good. It also has links to some of common questions that come up after you take in the initial information. Also as far as if the Razr Maxx has it i am under the impression that it doesn't but i cant tell you with absolutely certainty.

What is NFC? – GoToTags Sales & Support

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non