Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By socarwolverine
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Maxx Owners!

After a long year and a half of my wife and I both owning Droid Eris's, we finally upgraded to the Maxx's. Using the bogo deal and my $50 credit, we made a great purchase. Going from stock Eris's to the Maxx is a HUGE upgrade. The Maxx is amazing. The speed, size, going from 2.1 to 2.3.6. The battery is awesome! Manage to get almost 18 hours on mild usage and around 9 hours on heavy usage. Even the camera is a huge upgrade with the specs it has. Even though it doesn't have Ice Cream Sandwich, I can safe to say I will enjoy it till it does.
    Just having a slight issue using motocast streaming music from the PC.

Default Re: New Maxx Owners!

Welcome to the club! I'm loving this phone too.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

What issues are you having with MotoCast? The main issue I have is leaving my computer running 24/7. If your computer goes to sleep (mac or pc), then you won't be connected via MotoCast anymore until your computer wakes up again. But I've streamed music via MotoCast already and its pretty neat, displays lyrics even while the song is playing, in Chinese too!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Issue I am having is all the music and pictures is stored on the external hard drive. It appears that motocast can't find them. Guess the music, videos, and pictures needs to be copy where motocast can see them.

you might be able to point motocast to the folders on the external hard drive, but again, if the drive is going to go to "sleep" it then won't be able to be seen.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

If your are just streaming music, Google music works great.

Quote Originally Posted by dadnkad View Post
    After a long year and a half of my wife and I both owning Droid Eris's, we finally upgraded to the Maxx's. Using the bogo deal and my $50 credit, we made a great purchase. Going from stock Eris's to the Maxx is a HUGE upgrade. The Maxx is amazing. The speed, size, going from 2.1 to 2.3.6. The battery is awesome! Manage to get almost 18 hours on mild usage and around 9 hours on heavy usage. Even the camera is a huge upgrade with the specs it has. Even though it doesn't have Ice Cream Sandwich, I can safe to say I will enjoy it till it does.
    Just having a slight issue using motocast streaming music from the PC.
    Are they talking about porting ICS to it soon? I want one BAD but I also want ICS. I have the X and I was able to wait for GB to come to it!

Sent from my Droid X most likely while tappin' and takin' a $#!%!!!

It's gonna be a while before ICS comes to the Razr...but it's still a great phone. Come to the right side...
    Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".

My contract is up this month..

I can't stop debating between Nexus, iPhone, and RAZR MAXX.

So many pros for each phone..

Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phadunkin View Post
    My contract is up this month..

I can't stop debating between Nexus, iPhone, and RAZR MAXX.

So many pros for each phone..
    Ya. I hear you. The extremely poor pen tile screen took the razr Max out of the running for me. Having a nexus s made me not want a galaxy nexus. Instead, I'm actually going with HTC rezound. I can't believe it but it seems to be the best offering for my needs on Verizon. I'm going to buy a used one though so I can save my upgrade.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by subnaiyo View Post
    The extremely poor pen tile screen took the razr Max out of the running for me.
    I see these comments but to me with my eyes the Maxx looks great. Maybe if I put the Nexus right next to the Maxx would I see a difference. I choose the Maxx due to the number of problems all the Nexus owners are reporting on this and other forums. All you have to do is look at the market thread and you will see all the people selling their Nexus already, that said a lot to me.
    -Corey

Ha, good call.

I like the used purchase idea.. can save my actual upgrade for devices on it's way.

this is basically my Samsung Reality. What good is a touch screen phone when you can no longer use the touch screen? Can't use this any longer.. a change is needed.
    http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn....gif?1314885751

to me, I really can't see the issue you are all mentioning.. pentile screen. the razr maxx looks beautiful imo, the screen is flawless. the nexus has a beautiful screen too. maybe im not looking deep enough? idk.

iPhone is slowly gaining ground for me.. even though its amazing how small is it compared to the maxx/nexus/any droid phone

Wats wrong with ur nexus s? That doesn't make u want the gn

Ya. I hear you. The extremely poor pen tile screen took the razr Max out of the running for me. Having a nexus s made me not want a galaxy nexus. Instead, I'm actually going with HTC rezound. I can't believe it but it seems to be the best offering for my needs on Verizon. I'm going to buy a used one though so I can save my upgrade.

I have a used rezound with extended battery if you're interested?

Have you actually used or even played with the MAXX or are you just basing this off the (misinformed) opinions of others. The screen is anything but extrememly poor, it may not be as good as the rezound side by side, but it's definitely not extremely poor. Pentile being bad is horribly overblown, I bought the MAXX used and was surprised that the screen is actually pretty good.
    coreymcl likes this.