Verizon has MAXXED me out..PLEASE HELP

JaimeRae

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Bare with me I am a newbie to this....
Verizon has me so upset. I bought an Galaxy Nexus March 29th 2012, my birthday. I was so excited about this phone. However, I really really want the maxx due to the battery life. I called Verizon, spoke with a supervisor, all they offered me was an extra battery. They would not let me exchange. What can I do? I don't want to spend another $200. I just want an exchange...please help!

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
You want to exchange the phone today? I think you're out of luck. Usually you have 14 days to exchange. Best thing to do is sell the Nexus and buy the Maxx. Good luck.

Reactions: Ry

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey jamie I tried!! I tried to get best buy to give you an exchange, but it wouldn't work! They wouldn't even touch my upgrade price!! Unfortunately I have to buy the phone from verizon!!

Reactions: JaimeRae

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Call them, tell them you are having signal issues and you received the IMM76K update and it still hasn't been fixed. In 20 mins they offered me the maxx

Reactions: JaimeRae

JaimeRae

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If I tell them about the signal issue will they know that's a lie???? I thought they kept every call and complaint in their system?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You had 14 days. Verizon has their policies like every carrier does. People always seem to try to take advantage of a situation. Soon they could possibly take away any options. Follow policies. Sell your phone if its the Maxx you want. Its huge and actually is isn't a phone for everyone. Any bigger it could be a skateboard.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

FredBassett

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah they will know. They even have lie detector software in place so they will be able to tell your lying by the sound of your voice and sweaty palms on their phone

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
If I tell them about the signal issue will they know that's a lie???? I thought they kept every call and complaint in their system?

No they already know about the issues. The tech I spoke to said it was one of the original issues and felt bad that it wasn't fixed. Give it a shot. You may have to speak to different people

JaimeRae

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Jude, I am having huge problems keeping the nexus charged. I am a real estate agent and can't afford it going dead so quick. I did all the things Verizon asked me to. I feel like they prolonged the process so I was over the 14 days. Extremely frustrating.

Minacious

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
You had 14 days. Verizon has their policies like every carrier does. People always seem to try to take advantage of a situation. Soon they could possibly take away any options. Follow policies. Sell your phone if its the Maxx you want. Its huge and actually is isn't a phone for everyone. Any bigger it could be a skateboard.

Haha, you must be tiny. Hell, I wouldn't mind if it was even bigger.

JaimeRae, if battery life is your only concern and you are enjoying the phone otherwise, see if they'll give you an extended battery rather than just an extra one. You are way outside of your exchange window, and while enough prodding MAY get you into a MAXX, there are certainly no guarantees.

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
You had the opportunity to change before your 14-day window closed. Suck it up - you made the wrong choice. Verizon has always been very up front about their exchange policies when I've upgraded. Don't be angry with them because you chose the wrong phone.

And as for lying to Verizon as was suggested by someone here - that's despicable, unethical advice. If you feel good about doing it, fine - my conscience wouldn't allow it.

Reactions: Ry

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
You had the opportunity to change before your 14-day window closed. Suck it up - you made the wrong choice. Verizon has always been very up front about their exchange policies when I've upgraded. Don't be angry with them because you chose the wrong phone.

And as for lying to Verizon as was suggested by someone here - that's despicable, unethical advice. If you feel good about doing it, fine - my conscience wouldn't allow it.

Who said I lied? You don't know my phone, I got 0-1 bars EVERYWHERE I went, even with the new radios. They offered me a Maxx because they know of the problems with the nexus, and now I have 3 bars 4g where I had 0bars 3g.

Reactions: nashdroid

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't have an issue bring dishonest with Verizon. They give anyone with the audacity to ask them a question about update the run around and will flat out lie about knowing anything about updates. Lie your ass of and get the phone you want.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Lol, don't exaggerate the size of the MAXX. My old Thunderbolt with an extended battery weighed far more than my MAXX and had a larger profile too. :p

BTW, just having fun with this in case you don't know. :)
Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.

FredBassett

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Who said I lied? You don't know my phone, I got 0-1 bars EVERYWHERE I went, even with the new radios. They offered me a Maxx because they know of the problems with the nexus, and now I have 3 bars 4g where I had 0bars 3g.

Tough, you made a choice to go with that phone. It was obvious that there was a lot of signal issues from the moment it came out but YOU chose to get that phone. I was looking at it but went with the Razr using VZW's extended return policy over xmas and then went to the Maxx after once i knew when it was coming.. VZW are very upfront with their policies and they are there for all to see. Hope you enjoy that Nexus till your due an upgrade

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Tough, you made a choice to go with that phone. It was obvious that there was a lot of signal issues from the moment it came out but YOU chose to get that phone. I was looking at it but went with the Razr using VZW's extended return policy over xmas and then went to the Maxx after once i knew when it was coming.. VZW are very upfront with their policies and they are there for all to see. Hope you enjoy that Nexus till your due an upgrade

You don't have to me an ass about it. Maybe he thought the issues would be fixed but they never were. Who knows, but signal issues are one of the MAIN reasons a person has right to be pissed. Whether he did it right away or not, I feel bad for him. Should he have done it sooner? Sure, but at least he is legitimately having issues rather than complaining for no reason at all.

FredBassett

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to me an ass about it. Maybe he thought the issues would be fixed but they never were. Who knows, but signal issues are one of the MAIN reasons a person has right to be pissed. Whether he did it right away or not, I feel bad for him. Should he have done it sooner? Sure, but at least he is legitimately having issues rather than complaining for no reason at all.

Tough. You take a chance with a phone. Work the system the right way and you get your ideal phone. Oh and you need to look in the mirror if your gonna get abusive...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

I didn't say you lied. I say you were telling the OP to make the same claim about their phone. Signal strength was never their claim - battery life was. Using your legitimate complaint to game the system and get their own MAXX would be lying.

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't have an issue bring dishonest with Verizon. They give anyone with the audacity to ask them a question about update the run around and will flat out lie about knowing anything about updates. Lie your ass of and get the phone you want.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have an issue with being dishonest. Sorry if I sound holier than thou, but I was taught to be better than that.