LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
No worries and no exaggeration (nor under volting - can't as I'm not rooted). I seriously get that kind of battery life. Even with the extended 2750mAh battery, I'd still have 50% left after watching a 3 hour football game over LTE. Anyway, I made my points and stick by them. We'll have to agree to disagree. :) No amount of debate will convince me to accept a non-removable battery.

You're good! Thanks for the lively discussion as it entertained me and made the day go pretty fast. And I don't think anyone really is trying to convince anyone else of anything so much as wanting to just voice their happiness with their phones. Which I think is awesome. It's a very good sign that we're all defending what we purchased.

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
No worries and no exaggeration (nor under volting - can't as I'm not rooted). I seriously get that kind of battery life. Even with the extended 2750mAh battery, I'd still have 50% left after watching a 3 hour football game over LTE. Anyway, I made my points and stick by them. We'll have to agree to disagree. :) No amount of debate will convince me to accept a non-removable battery.

One last option...how about the portable battery chargers? Very similar to a removable battery in what it does and size, you just have to let it charge versus a quick swap. Not a perfect solution, but with our Maxxs, you probably won't run into that need anyway.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

Fair enough. My goal wasn't to convince you, I figured I would just continue a spirited debate. However, you'll join the darkside soon enough.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
One last option...how about the portable battery chargers? Very similar to a removable battery in what it does and size, you just have to let it charge versus a quick swap. Not a perfect solution, but with our Maxxs, you probably won't run into that need anyway.

I could see using a portable charger in a pinch when there is no other nearby power source, but it's by no means a substitute for a removable battery. I simply don't want my phone to be tethered to something and have to wait for its battery to charge. I'd rather have the option of multiple batteries that can be kept charged independent of the phone itself and can be quickly swapped out in a matter of minutes. The only way I'd consider a non-removable battery is if it could be fully charged in a couple minutes. Obviously, battery tech has to make a drastic leap for that happen.

Fair enough. My goal wasn't to convince you, I figured I would just continue a spirited debate. However, you'll join the darkside soon enough.

Never! Not as long as there are still phone's with removable batteries. Muahhhh :p

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As I've already stated before, I don't mind the trend towards nonremovable batteries. What does bother me is the trend towards no microSD slot. 16 GB of phone memory is ok, but it actually isn't that much, especially when you consider about 6-8 GB of it is usually taken up by the Android OS and bloatware.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Also when you add a few hundred songs to it as well, throw in some pics and maybe a video clip of the kids, dogs and Harley then before you know it you are out of storage space.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I still just think you'd have to look SO goofy to be around town with a phone, wallet, car keys, and multiple phone batteries in your pockets......As opposed to one stock battery that wont be running out before you are asleep. Does it annoy you to sleep, knowing your phone is plugged in? Cause for me, it really isn't a big deal to charge a phone during the night...