system update not available w/o moto service

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
hey guys...I have updated to ICS...so not really a major problem right now...but weird thing is that I can't even check i.e. to see if my device is up to date? It tells me this...

'system updates" is not available without a Motorola service account. Would you like to set up an account now?

and when I click yes...it just stays at "communicating with server, please wait"....

any suggestions??

I've rebooted, cleared cache....but still no avail!!!!

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I did disable some apps, but I enabled again but still doesn't work. Guess I have to do a factory reset.....??

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Disable the apps then do a hard reset (Volume down and power) then try to update. And if that doesn't work, then maybe unroot if you can before master reset.

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I've already updated to ICS last night which allows me to disable apps. but I just wanted to to do an update check for no particular reason....and found this problem

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Whoops. I was way too tired last night and missed out the part that you said you updated to ICS.

I would just enable everything then reset with the volume down and power button and see what happens. And I would leave it alone if it does pop up again but if it bothers you that much then factory reset.