Way to stop app auto-updates?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I thought I wanted them to auto update, but now I don't.
How do I stop it? I want to see them and ok them.
It gets frustrating when you're doing something and they just start updating and installing.

Philip600rr

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Just go to the play store select settings button bottom left and select 'my apps' then go to the offending app, uncheck the box that says 'allow auto update'. hope this helps

Reactions: anthony2558

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
You can go to settings in the market and uncheck "Auto update apps".

If I'm not mistaken that will uncheck them all for you. Either way, you should turn it off so apps you download in the future won't automatically update themselves ;)

johnfinbrown

May 26, 2013
Visit site
you go to the play store and hit your menu button and go to settings...the second one down is auto update if you set it to do not auto update it will work for all apps if you have it set to auto it will auto update all apps...much easier than doing each one individually...hope that helps

ktfunnygirl

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
you go to the play store and hit your menu button and go to settings...the second one down is auto update if you set it to do not auto update it will work for all apps if you have it set to auto it will auto update all apps...much easier than doing each one individually...hope that helps

ktfunnygirl

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
I have it set to not allow automatic downloads. But one app still does. I have to uninstall it everyday. I checked and there is nothing on my phone that requires this app for use...so help?