Screen on battery usage

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
On ICS now and screen is showing 59% of battery usage and time on 1h 48m 44s. How can I reduce that high percentage of use???

I have adjusted the screen settings and done a reset. What else can be done???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How much battery do you have left? That's the important question here. Remember that the 59% screen usage is only a percentage, not an absolute. Although many people take it to mean the screen is working overtime, it could also mean that the OS, phone standby, etc, are all working more efficiently, and therefore are using a lesser proportion of battery.

I find that I can get at least 5-6 hours of screen on time on one battery charge. If your battery is down to about 60-70%, you're about right.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
1h 48 mins on a full charge? The screen is the biggest battery drainer for me but on a full charge I've gotten over 5 hours of screen time with the brightness set to about 50%. Besides adjusting the settings there isn't much you can do but using dark or black wallpapers will help somewhat because amoled screens use less power with darker themes. If you go to settings then display then brightness there is a display power saver feature that I use but you probably know that already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa