Recovery boot observation

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
After wiping cache a few times successfully for several weeks now I have been unable to boot into recovery have tried about a dozen times. Literally cannot select recovery and I read where OP also had same issue and ended up swapping phones...I did not want another FR or phone swap so decided to live without cache wipe...anyway I flew to another city and just for heck of it...bang booted right into recovery...
Question is was something local blocking my ability to boot into recovery? Why now am I able to do so? Coincidence?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Not really an answer. I cleared and FR maybe 4 times because I read on this forum it cured ICS ills. Was someone I don't know counting? If you must know I was hoping to cure the scorching hot screen temps I was getting post ICS. Still gets hot to touch if I read news too long....btw I can watch YouTube for hours and the screen does not get hot to touch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
the 6.16.215 leak was supposed to address the battery heating up issue. i have had mine on 215 for about a week and really havent noticed much difference, but then my phone is always in an ottercase defender, so i dont get the same temp feeling by just holding the phone.

i really dont have an answer except to research the forums and see what others have noticed after installing the 215 leak. you dont have to root and is super easy to install.

as far as the original question, i cant imagine keeping track of cache wipes would benefit anyone "out there" i wipe mine every couple of days and never have a problem.

when i got ICS a friend installed the official version to my phone over my laptop instead of doing an OTA update, we did a FDA then, but i havent had the need to do another one and i wont unless its needed. also doing the transfer of ICS via cord instead of OTA i seemed to have missed out on a lot of issues people had

good luck to ya

Russel the cop