Where is the camera folder on ICS?

BoySetsTheFire

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I just got a Razer Maxx with ICS. I have been moving my movies and music from my Droid X to the Razr. I jack both phones into the USB ports on my Mac and just copy over. That was easy until I got to my photos. My droid X had a DCIM folder and my camera photos were stored inside a Camera folder within DCIM. But on the Razr, there is no camera folder within the DCIM folder. I'm browsing with Astro. If I use My Files to view the SD Card, the Camera folder is there, but I'm not sure if it's on the card or internal memory. And I have a program that backs up to the SD card, but according to My Files, the backup is in the internal storage.

Can someone explain the file directory to me, and what is "Lost Directory"? Thanks.

jclake

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Internal drive \DCIM\camera

You can make our own directory "Photos" (any name) and the Photo Gallery app will find them.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Mine have always been on my external SD card... in the dcim\Camera folder... if the folders don't exist I'd make them.

dragon718

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a Nexus and I think you have to actually take a picture with the camera first for the camera folder to show. That's what I had to do after I did a factory reset on my Nexus and was transferring my pictures back over to the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Mine have always been on my external SD card... in the dcim\Camera folder... if the folders don't exist I'd make them.

Mine too for photos. The internal was my default for screenshots though.

Sent from my Verizon 4G RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2