Clearing cache?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
After we got our ICS update, there was some discussion about clearing cache.
How is that done and exactly what is the benefit of it?

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I do it monthly...seems IMO to improve performance slightly...phone seems to run cooler afterwards also. But that could be perception only..I will also clear cache after a bout of running hot...say 106...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
i wouldn't clear it unless you are suffering issues. nothing is deleted, it just is a little house cleaning. id try SD Maid Pro if you want some good house cleaning done.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I do it if i have slow downs or issues as a troubleshooting method. Doesn't take very long and might solve the problem.

Mine works ok I reckon. Sometimes a little laggy now. So I just wondered if this is something that perhaps should be done routinely, if it would improve phone functionality, speed, etc.
Does it delete anything? Or just 'clean it up'?
Do any of you do it just because?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I cleared cache this morning. It was the first time I did that. Very noticeable. Really smooth and fast now.

Sent Probably by Accident....

jrose406

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I followed the instructions. Turned phone off. held down all three buttons. selected recovery. android with flap open and triangle appeared. held volume up and power at the same time for about 30 seconds. nothing happens. tried it twice. still nothing. am I brainfarting?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I followed the instructions. Turned phone off. held down all three buttons. selected recovery. android with flap open and triangle appeared. held volume up and power at the same time for about 30 seconds. nothing happens. tried it twice. still nothing. am I brainfarting?

once you are at the android with triangle screen, press and hold the vol up and down key and power key all simultaneously. it should bring you to the boot menu.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
with the phone off:

Press and hold the following buttons at the same time until the screen turns on
1. volume down
2.volume up
3.power

it is not rocket science. it is possible. every razr can do it.