'Select Recipients' sporadic crashes

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
If I take a screenshot and select to directly share it to one of my contacts, there is a strong chance of the 'select recipients' screen will just close. Then I have to retake the screenshot again and reshare it. I l have tried clearing cache and restarting phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Safe Mode is a common troubleshooting step, since it temporarily disables any 3rd party apps you installed. If the problem goes away in Safe Mode, then the problem is likely due to something you installed -- it can be tedious to narrow it down further, though, since that may involve uninstalling apps one by one until the problem goes away. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, that suggests a problem with the system.

How frequently does this happen? If it's fairly infrequent, it may not be feasible to test with Safe Mode, since it's tough for most people to go without the apps they installed for much longer than a few hours. But if it's pretty frequent, it's worth a try.

Here are the steps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
Safe Mode is a common troubleshooting step, since it temporarily disables any 3rd party apps you installed. If the problem goes away in Safe Mode, then the problem is likely due to something you installed -- it can be tedious to narrow it down further, though, since that may involve uninstalling apps one by one until the problem goes away. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, that suggests a problem with the system.

How frequently does this happen? If it's fairly infrequent, it may not be feasible to test with Safe Mode, since it's tough for most people to go without the apps they installed for much longer than a few hours. But if it's pretty frequent, it's worth a try.

Here are the steps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

It seems to be a decent 50/50 chance of it happening. I do this once a day Monday through Friday for work to show my team lead my progress for record, and it usually seems to do it at least once a few of those days, but the second time is always fine.

I'll see if I can tinker with this.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe