No 4g after jellybean

1Fruityloop

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Prior to the jellybean update, everything was working just fine. Once the jellybean update was pushed and installed to my phone, it would no longer receive 4g signals.

I've restarted the phone,
done a factory reset,
toggled the airplane mode and restarted,
had the SIM card replaced,
changed the signal mode from lte/cdma to global and back,
and even gone to the Verizon store (where i could not receive 4g either, and stumped the representatives).

In addition to this, I've had the same battery issues as others on this forum. I know there is 4g in the area since my boyfriend's RAZR can receive it, though my RAZR Maxx can not.

Does anyone know how to address the 4g issue?

Last edited:

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Can you go into a Verizon store and have them replace your SIM card? It sounds like it might be your SIM card... and if it's not that, then the store reps can check it out.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Agree with above, replacing the SIM is a good thing to try. Your battery life problem could be due to the poor 4G reception problem, since the radio is working overtime to try to find the signal.

1Fruityloop

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I have had the SIM card replaced since the problem surfaced (when the update installed). The store representatives only recommended that, factory reset, and replacing the device (my 1yr warranty is over, and i do not have insurance for the phone, so I'd need to buy a new phone).

I really do hope the battery issues will be fixed with the 4g problem. It is very inconvenient to lose 30% in 1-2 hours of idling.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Where I work, Verizon coverage is pretty crappy, so my battery will drop about twice as fast. There are a number of other things that could be eating battery, though. Check out some of the recent threads in this forum to learn about them.

missyuneek

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I found the solution for no 4g after update to jb on my RAZR. In settings touch the word 'more' (under data usage), then select 'mobile networks', then 'network mode' where you can choose lte.
I then restarted my phone and its 4g again. Yay! Makes the unwanted update a little more bearable. Easy peasy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty