HD Dock Confusion

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Received the "HD Dock" with the RAZR.

Confused. The back of the dock has audio-out, microUSB, and microHDMI ports. Even the enclosed documentation "pamphlet" shows 3 USB ports on the back of this thing.

What's up wit dat?

furbymac

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
there are 2 different docks the cheaper one with only 1 usb and hdmi plug and the 99 dollar one has 3 usb plugs (think keyboard and mouse) and an hdmi and audio out. probably jsut generic paperwork that covers both models

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Ah, OK. Thanks for that.

I was going to put this on my bedside table, so the USB ports weren't needed anyway. Just confused, as I said.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I have to really force my RAZR to get it in the dock. Anyone else experiencing the same?

I didn't get the dock because they only had the $100 one (and I think that's insane), but I was unable to get it in the dock on display at the VZW store. I watched 4 or 5 reps finagle with it for a total of about 10 minutes before one finally got it in, and then he placed a small sticky pad between the phone and the dock. I asked what that was all about and he said if that isn't there "it gets all crazy", whatever the hell that means.

ccfrogman

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I read something on the Motorola forums the other day that mentioned that they had mixed up the manuals for the two docks in the boxes.

Andy_roid

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Costco is offering the RAZR for $289.00 and it includes the HD Dock, Portable Battery Charger and a HDMI Cable. That's $120.00 worth of free accessories. Sweet!

budwizer

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I have the standard HD dock and while it does have the microUSB connection in the back I find that if I plug it into a USB port on my PC it doesn't charge. I have to use the microUSB power adapter in order for it to charge. Anyone else confirm this? Not too big of a deal as I mainly will use it on nightstand in bedroom but was thinking about buying another one for the home office as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty