Will answer any questions about Razr

jcapen87

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Reformed iPhone user! Got my Razr a few days ago. I know nothing of Droid platform. I want to know how to identify and "hide" bloat ware.

I got rid of stuff like VZW Tones, VZW Navigator (no point using it as Google Maps Navigation is on there), other stuff like MotoPrint until I need to use them. All you have to do is open up the full apps menu (square on bottom right), press and hold your finger on an app you don't want to see, and if you're able to hide it, "hide app" will be the very last option that comes up. If you want to see the apps you've hidden, just press the menu hardware button and click "show hidden."

I prefer this interface to the Droid Bionic's by a looooooong shot.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I got rid of stuff like VZW Tones, VZW Navigator (no point using it as Google Maps Navigation is on there), other stuff like MotoPrint until I need to use them. All you have to do is open up the full apps menu (square on bottom right), press and hold your finger on an app you don't want to see, and if you're able to hide it, "hide app" will be the very last option that comes up. If you want to see the apps you've hidden, just press the menu hardware button and click "show hidden."

I prefer this interface to the Droid Bionic's by a looooooong shot.

So you can only hide apps, you can't uninstall them?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Iphone on an android forum?

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk

maybe he got a little bored with his walls of apps and needed to have some little fun and freedom. So he came to the Android Forums!

Sent from my amazing galaxy tab 10.1 which also eats ipads

jcapen87

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
So you can only hide apps, you can't uninstall them?

Some of them it turns out you can uninstall, but many of them can only be hidden. They're taking up such a marginal amount of space that they don't bother me, so long as they don't constantly run in the background and I don't have to see them.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Some of them it turns out you can uninstall, but many of them can only be hidden. They're taking up such a marginal amount of space that they don't bother me, so long as they don't constantly run in the background and I don't have to see them.

Do you have a list of the ones you can uninstall?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Which Admin's thread? It's all yours dude :p Glad to have you in here. How about a nice run down/review of what you do and don't like?

I believe the OP is referring to the one Phil started ;)

http://forums.androidcentral.com/dr...ave-questions-i-have-droid-razr-ask-away.html

Either way the more the merrier. :D

I don't think this has come up yet but the RAZR has a MicroSIM card so no easy swapping between this and other 4G phones like the Bionic (except Stratosphere, which also uses the MicroSIM).

el9xxl

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Question: How do you get the LED to flash when you have a new message? Mine flashed a couple of times but now it will not...I cant find a setting to turn it on or off.

npaa919

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Asking away. I recently upgraded from an HTC Eris to the Razr, I really like the Razr. Most of my contacts, or should I say all the contcts that were in my Gmail transfered to my Razr. I guess my question is why didnt' my phone contacts transfer from my Eris to Gmail, and now how do I get my Razr and Gmail in Synch. Do I update contacts in Gmail or on my phone, and how do I synch them?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Asking away. I recently upgraded from an HTC Eris to the Razr, I really like the Razr. Most of my contacts, or should I say all the contcts that were in my Gmail transfered to my Razr. I guess my question is why didnt' my phone contacts transfer from my Eris to Gmail, and now how do I get my Razr and Gmail in Synch. Do I update contacts in Gmail or on my phone, and how do I synch them?

Because the phone contacts and each Gmail account are their own database. You world need to switch them all manually or just use backup assistant and call it a say

jcapen87

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Question: How do you get the LED to flash when you have a new message? Mine flashed a couple of times but now it will not...I cant find a setting to turn it on or off.

Certain apps will have settings for LED notifications, however the texting app does not. You can only turn notifications on or off. As for my LED, it flashes until I read it, not just a few times. If you want more control over LED notifications for text I would try using HandcentSMS in place of the stock texting app. It has more features and customization and will allow you to change LED color and behavior. At least it did when I had my Hero several years ago.