just received an odd notification

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I had a notification go off on my razr which was my normal Gmail sound. When I looked at the notification area, it showed a green + for an icon. The brief description said, do yo have an ipad. When I clicked on it, it directly opened this site http://topspotdeal.com/ipad-win/ . Does this mean I have a rogue application that is throwing up ads? I've never seen this before, on the razr or the X.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
There's some intrusive ad technology that does notification ads. You may have installed an app that uses them. Check over the apps you've installed recently.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
or download airpush opt out to turn off the ads

All apps that use this Airpush framework should be boycotted. Opting out by downloading an app from the company that created the intrusive ads in the first place is just wrong. I will tolerate ads, I will not tolerate ads that pester me outside the app I downloaded.

cola16

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
All apps that use this Airpush framework should be boycotted. Opting out by downloading an app from the company that created the intrusive ads in the first place is just wrong. I will tolerate ads, I will not tolerate ads that pester me outside the app I downloaded.

Well put sir.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11