amazon vs vzw.

gbg337

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I see amazon has the razr for 169.99 with new activation. I called vzw and ask if they would or could match that.. they told me only they don't price match. Can anyone tell me how amazon can do this when vzw is twice the price.. The rep told me to buy it from amazon then switch it to my vzw line I have.. seems like alot of BS but you save 150.00..

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how amazon can do this when vzw is twice the price
VZN pays their sales people commissions, Amazon you buy online with no sales person or by phone with a rep that doesn't get paid a commission.

Plus VZN has brick and mortar stores, which have rent/property taxes, maintenance, cleaning people, electricity, etc. costs associated with them.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Everything you have read here is correct, if you swap phones or make changes to your account in this line they loose commission money and they charge you to recoup their losses.

grrump

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I just went through this with amazon yesterday. I had to refuse my shipment from UPS. If you change the phone off the line or change the line to a lower data plan Verizon alerts amazon or whatever third party seller you got the phone from and they lose there commission. They recoup that commission from you. After 181 days you are free to do whatever you wish with the phone. From what I've learned best buy and Costco are the only 3rd party sellers I've found that don't have this agreement. If there's more I'd love to know.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I just went through this with amazon yesterday. I had to refuse my shipment from UPS. If you change the phone off the line or change the line to a lower data plan Verizon alerts amazon or whatever third party seller you got the phone from and they lose there commission. They recoup that commission from you. After 181 days you are free to do whatever you wish with the phone. From what I've learned best buy and Costco are the only 3rd party sellers I've found that don't have this agreement. If there's more I'd love to know.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Yep, unfortunately that is how it goes but it seems to be mostly Internet resellers that do that.

Best Buy, Target (really Radio Shack from what I understand), Radio Shack, and Walmart (in store, not online since that is really LetsTalk.com) do not have such stipulations.