Visual VoiceMail Issues

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
It seems as of lately every time I get a Visual Voicemail I get a text message from Verizon stating I have an unheard Visual Voicemail waiting for me and to click on my Visual Voicemail icon to reinstall. I have called Verizon and they sent it to their networking team to try and fix this issue. Was wondering if anyone else heard of this occurring? Also while he was testing and removing my Visual Voicemail service and sending me voicemails my phone now is stuck with the non Visual Voicemail icon in my task bar with 3 unheard messages waiting and to Dial *86 to hear them. Thing is there is NO unheard voicemails and this standard voicemail icon will not go away.

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
This sounds like a classic textbook Message Waiting Indicator (MWI) Issue. On the platform side, Verizon must reset the VM or VVM platform. The tech or teir 1 agent will see, in your case, the numebr 3 next to the "MWI#" feild... he/she must click reset OR delete your voicemail feature off your account, reload account, and then re-add VM feature. Either/or will do the trick...

After they did that (simple 5 min call), reboot the phone. It should be gone. IF not, go to settings>apps>manage apps>voicemail and clear data & cache and reboot phone again.. If its still not gone... umm... call Verizon again. The platform wasnt reset correctly. Sorry

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
They tried all the resetting and the issue is still there. They said to do a system reset I said that. There has to be a file I can edit somewhere from root that will clear this icon and stop asking me to subscribe to Visual Voicemail every time I boot my phone.

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
You cleared data & cache on voicemail app in settings> apps>manage apps

In settings>call settings, voicemail and roaming voicemail both set to "always choose"???

do the 2 above. Reboot. If it's still there, then I'm out of ideas

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
IMO, get rid of Verizons Visual Voice Mail. You pay extra for it anyway. Go with Google Voice. Its free and its Visual Voice Mail also. You can also get another number if you want.

Aimperial

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If you are using a different text messaging app other than stock, it doesn't work with the Visual Voice mail. The same thing happened to me. I uninstalled Handcent, then Visual Voice mail worked fine. Hope this helps... :eek:

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I ended up doing a system wipe then restored all my apps then the icon poped back up for 3 un read voicemail! I ended up clearing the phone cache and that cleared the voicemail icon and fixed the subscribe issue on the visual voicemail everytime it loaded. Wish I knew this before I did the restore. WOuld have saved me 30 minutes of rooting and restoring.

Exxar1

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have had my HTC EVO since January of 2011. I have always used Visual Voicemail, and until two weeks ago, it was working great. Yes, I was usiong Handcent SMS for text messages, and that never interfered with it. But, as of approximately two weeks ago, VVM has quit notifying me of new voicemail. I discovered last night that I had 6 unheard messages when I called voicemail the old fashioned way - dialing 1 on my phone. I scoured these forums, I tried all the solutions presented here and elsewhere. This includes recording a voice memo and sending it to activate@vvm.sprint.com. I uninstalled the Handcent SMS app. I even downloaded Google voice, but that changed everything, including the ringback tone, and was way too confusing to set up, so I uninstalled that and reinstalled VVM. Then, after that, I had to call Sprint voicemail to set up my voicemail all over again! Still, nothing worked. I used my dad's phone to call my number and leave voicemail messages, and none of them showed up in VVM. Now, anytime I want to listen to my voicemail messages, I have to dial 1 and do it the old fashioned way. SO ANNOYING!!!!

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

sharongytri

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I have opposite program with the free Voicemail app. It says zero messages when I do have unread messages to read. On clock circle on main page it will tell me I have a message. If I then go to voicemail ap it says 0 messages.

MAXXTX

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Ive been using the app Youmail for quite awhile Free and works great on my maxx. there good about updating on there features to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty