Help the (technology) handicapped

epetrillo

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Fist let me say that I am an old guy and despite working on a computer all day (Photoshop) I am extremely handicapped when it comes to technology. Please forgive me if these questions sound really stupid but I am lost.

I just upgraded my phone to Droid Razr and being a little reckless dove right in to settings and other things I know nothing about. My phone still seems to be working fine but I was thinking it might be a good idea to do a factory reset and be a little more careful about what i touch.

I know that if I do a factory reset I will loose the apps I have downloaded and my contacts and pictures. All the apps I have downloaded have been free so I'm not too concerned there. My question is if I do this will I need to have the phone reactivated by Verizon or will that be automatic? I was also hoping someone could talk me through (in baby steps) how to backup my pics and contacts list and restore them afterwards? Do I need to remove the extra memory card I have put in the phone before doing the restore?

The phone has been upgraded to ICS which hasn't been giving me any problems as far as I know.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
No, it will automatically reactivate. Also your contacts And apps are stored on your Google account. Make sure u sync them before you do a reset. I'm not sure on the Droidrzr but try. Settings,accounts, and click Google. I believe that's where its at when u are there press the sync icon. All your contacts will sync.. . Also it won't save the apps data. If you are far in a game it won't be there when u restore it. Just all your apps will redownload. I'm not sure about pictures... I normally would transfer my pictures to my SD card. By using Linda file manager. Or plugging it up to a computer and doing it that way. Your SD card won't erase during a reset. The only way to erase that is to format the SD. Hope this helps some

epetrillo

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
No, it will automatically reactivate. Also your contacts And apps are stored on your Google account. Make sure u sync them before you do a reset. I'm not sure on the Droidrzr but try. Settings,accounts, and click Google. I believe that's where its at when u are there press the sync icon. All your contacts will sync.. . Also it won't save the apps data. If you are far in a game it won't be there when u restore it. Just all your apps will redownload. I'm not sure about pictures... I normally would transfer my pictures to my SD card. By using Linda file manager. Or plugging it up to a computer and doing it that way. Your SD card won't erase during a reset. The only way to erase that is to format the SD. Hope this helps some
Thanks that helps!

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
You won't lose any pictures. If they are saved on the external sd card then there is nothing to worry about, and if they are on the internal sd card then you will be given an option to wipe it or leave it alone when you do the factory reset, just make sure you choose to not wipe it.
The factory reset option is in settings >privacy

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty