Unexplained App issue...

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
This may be the incorrect forum to post this, so feel free to bump me to another section.

Question: Is there an generalized app/program code to resolve an issue where an app updated via Playstore on Motorola phones ONLY should not need to be Forced Closed before being uninstalled/reinstalled in order to resolve random app refreshes/app update issue?

Story/Issue: I own a Verizon Moto RAZR Original. Unrooted Stock JB 4.1.2. Havent re-rooted yet. Anyways, a favorite app of mine, LOLpics was recently updated on 5/28/2013. New UI and design overhaul. Awesome!!! However, the app will randomly refresh itself, sending the viewer back to the main feed list as if you never entered the pic feed to begin with.

Reviews show that only Motorola customers (RAZRs, RAZR MAXXs, Bionics, Atrixs, Defys, etc) are having the smae issue I am. Most reviews did as I did, reboot the phone with no avail, cleared data and cache in app with no avail, uninstalled and reinstalled with no avail (this should have fixed it if it was a phone issue and not an app issue). No matter what I or we did, the app always had random refresh issues. However... I noticed something. After Uninstalling one of those times, I saw LOLpics STILL listed in my Task Manager, "WatchDog" as a running program. Say what? It was uninstalled. How could it have been running. So, thinking the Task Manager Education I have had since 2008 is wrong, I deleted Facebook app. BAM.. not in Watchdog no more. Did the same with Weatherbug Elite... BAM... Gone!.. But --- lol.lol lol lol ---- LOLPics was stil listed! And it was 5 minutes after uninstalling lolpics. FAcebook and Weatherbug not listed anymore, but lolpics is..... hmmmmmmm...

Now I went back to playstore and reinstalled. Went to Manage Apps and Force closed LOLpics. Watchdog then showed it gone. I then clear data/cache, then uninstalled it. No reboot. Reinstalled Lolpics in playstore. Now the app is fine. No more random refreshes.

So... I wanted to try and simulate this entire issue again regarding the need to Force Close an app before it has to be uninstalled. I gave it a fresh reboot. This time I DID NOT Force Close before uninstall. Clear Cache and and data. Uninstall it. Watchdog shows it still in RAM. Go back and reinstall it.... Random Refresh Issue came back.... I went back to Manage Apps and did the Force Close on LOLpics. Again, Watchdog now says its gone. I then clear data/cache, then uninstalled it. No reboot. Reinstalled Lolpics in playstore. Now the app is fine. No more random refreshes....

This appears to only be an issue on Motorolas. There has been no 1 bad review since the 5/28/2013 v.2.3 update by a HTC or Samsung or LG or Sony etc etc etc user. They all love the new UI and app overhaul. My friends, who live near me, dont have the issue. However, my 2 friends (1 with a Razr Maxx HD and the other with an Atrix 2) have the same issue as me on my Razr Original. And when we all applied my force close fix, we never had the issue again..... It cant by a Android issue cause im on 4.1.2, she's on 4.0.4, and she's on 4.1.2. It has to be something with Moto. Could it be the app or app code? My head hurts.

I've contact TapTapEnternainment and they are aware but need more data to figure out what is going on that is affecting only Motos and nothing else. They do not have a Moto to test this out on.

so to any developer or programer or Android God out there....or Jerry...lol... can someone get 'REAL' with me? Is there an generalized app/program code to resolve an issue where an app updated via Playstore on Motorola phones ONLY should not need to be Forced Closed before being uninstalled/reinstalled in order to resolve random app refreshes/app update issue?

Thanks for listening