Screen goes away during phone calls..,.

elissa penn

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
My screen goes black and I cannot get it to come back during phone calls. This is a fairly recent problem and it's driving me insane! Help?! Please

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So it goes black when it's up against your ear, right? Does it come back when you take the phone away from your ear? That would be normal function for the proximity sensor. But if it remains black after taking it away from your ear (or after the call is done), then it sounds like your proximity sensor is having problems. Screen protectors and cases can sometimes interfere if they are blocking the sensor (which is near the earpiece)--e.g., a dirty screen protector, or a case that hangs over the sensor.

elissa penn

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Thank you both for your replies! I don't have a case (could never find one),and my screen protector is cut out so it (supposedly),fits. I didn't know there was a sensor, but I'll remove the screen protector and see what happens. OH, I forgot to ask this question..... On many occasions when I'm on my phone the person on the other end hears a sound.... Like someone is pressing a. Button. I don't hear it...what could that be?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree with removing the screen protector and giving the entire screen a good cleaning with a microfiber cloth.

Not sure what the beeping is that the person you're talking to hears. They're not getting call waiting, are they?

elissa penn

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Biddy....no they are not. I took off the screen protector and cleaned the phone real good. (I hate a dirty phone!) Not sure what it is. It's happened several times , I don't hear it but people on the other end do. They say it's like a fax machine sound.....loud high pitched sound. ????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress