[ROM] Quantum v2.7.0

Fitz39

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
If you came from Eclair 2.1 stock, and went to Froyo DK28 then you will have the required DK28 modem. This was intended more for those who were on earlier leaked versions of Froyo (DK17) and needed to update their modem to use these ROMs.

i was stock. i rooted. installed titanium backup up, rom manager, and flashed clockworkmod recovery. now i wan to install this rom. i need to get the dk28 modem yes?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
i was stock. i rooted. installed titanium backup up, rom manager, and flashed clockworkmod recovery. now i wan to install this rom. i need to get the dk28 modem yes?

In order to use Quantum v.2.7.0 which uses the new EXT4 file system you need to be on at least DK28 Froyo stock.

That is the best issue free way I can recommend to you. If your on Eclair/rooted then you still need to move to DK28 Froyo and follow the developers steps in his thread or the EXT 4 thread here on this forum.

Reactions: Fitz39

mredamon

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
That doesn't sound like something that is ROM related. Are you sure you're not using a different version of Dolphin where that option was removed or moved?

No I wouldn't imagine that it is. But I just Odined back to dk28 and then did oneclickroot to clockworkmod3 and then flashed quantum 2.7 still now when I click menu/more on my browser there is no select txt option. I checked on stock dk28 before rooting as well it was not there. I could have sworn that I remember it being there at some point. Am I bugging out or is it supposed to be there?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

BBooDad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Quantum 2.5. Try firmly long-tapping on some text in browser.

Not sure how I did it, but doing it brought up a text selector/magnifier/thing... never seen it before but allowed me to select text for copying.

Hope this helps. Quantum seems to be a very stable 2.2 (my comparison being the original DK28 "official update" that was problematic, though my lack of expertise in installing probably was, too).

cheapfx

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Maybe someone can help me. I recently upgraded to the new clockwork install with the new file format. This rom is one of my favorites and runs great and speedy with the new file format. My question is i cant get the addons to install. I downloaded the hulu and samsung widgets from the addon link provided on the first post of the XDA Dev link. I placed them on my SD card and tried to install them via clockwork but had no luck. Clockwork is telling me on install that the file format isnt supported. Am i just not doing something correctly or is there a link to EXT4 supported addons. Thanks.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Maybe someone can help me. I recently upgraded to the new clockwork install with the new file format. This rom is one of my favorites and runs great and speedy with the new file format. My question is i cant get the addons to install. I downloaded the hulu and samsung widgets from the addon link provided on the first post of the XDA Dev link. I placed them on my SD card and tried to install them via clockwork but had no luck. Clockwork is telling me on install that the file format isnt supported. Am i just not doing something correctly or is there a link to EXT4 supported addons. Thanks.

The link provided there to those addons are for the NON EDIFY format. Look at the upload/creation dates on that link and that alone tells you they are pre-Edify scripts. There are different versions of EXT4 currently, Amend script and now the new Edify script that ClockWorkMod v3.0.0.5 is using. I know many of these devs are getting requests for the Samsung bloatware and other popular themes/add ons to be converted.

As they become available they will be posted here in the Compendium of Froyo Themes & Add-Ons | Last Update 12/31 thread and keep checking the devs threads for more info.

BBooDad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I installed the Samsung Navigation and some other program by just taking the apk file out of the zip file, dragging it to my Dropbox, and then opening Dropbox on my Epic, and tapping on the file. Then it installed fine, without having to use Clockwork at all, and without getting all the Samsung junk I did not want.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I installed the Samsung Navigation and some other program by just taking the apk file out of the zip file, dragging it to my Dropbox, and then opening Dropbox on my Epic, and tapping on the file. Then it installed fine, without having to use Clockwork at all, and without getting all the Samsung junk I did not want.

Yes I did read about a few people doing a similar method earlier today over at XDA Developers Forums and having success but there were also some failures so I didn't want to suggest it until further testing was/is provided. I think this method only is working on Samsungs stock apps NOT on custom themes/add ons.

mredamon

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Quantum 2.7 Battery Life Tips

Hi all! I am on Quantum 2.7 with ext4 and JuiceDefender - are there any other modifications I can make to improve battery (for example perhaps a different kernel or an app that causes the CPU to underclock while screen locked) I am aware of Baked Snack's legendary battery life but I am inquiring about options available that would allow me to keep Quantum and ext4. I am currently getting 8 hours of moderate use out of the phone before auto shutdown, trying to get to 12 hours or more if possible.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi all! I am on Quantum 2.7 with ext4 and JuiceDefender - are there any other modifications I can make to improve battery (for example perhaps a different kernel or an app that causes the CPU to underclock while screen locked) I am aware of Baked Snack's legendary battery life but I am inquiring about options available that would allow me to keep Quantum and ext4. I am currently getting 8 hours of moderate use out of the phone before auto shutdown, trying to get to 12 hours or more if possible.

Currently there are no custom kernels available to Froyo. The only thing you can do is your own personal battery management, controlling apps running and services.

Reactions: mredamon

mredamon

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Quantum 2.7 Wifi freeze

I have had an issue on this ROM where my wifi will be turned off and I cannot turn it back on. The only way I can resolve is to reboot. This happens 1x or 2x daily. Anyone else experience this issue or have a fix?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've had that happen before, but not on this ROM. Did you fully wipe before flashing? Did you have Froyo installed before flashing?

sushi

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I have had an issue on this ROM where my wifi will be turned off and I cannot turn it back on. The only way I can resolve is to reboot. This happens 1x or 2x daily. Anyone else experience this issue or have a fix?

I've been experiencing something like this since moving to DK28 (very intermittant). Usually it's getting WiFi to restart if I turn it off. As you say, a reboot fixes the problem.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

BBooDad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Wifi is going on and off constantly every few seconds for me since upgrading to Quantum 2.7 from 2.5. I did do the one click clockwork redirect 3 first. I did fully wipe before flashing.

This is really bad - I may have to Odin back to stock 2.2 and then to 2.5 again w/o CWM3, as I can't seem to fix it. I wonder if it is a DK28 modem issue, which I had installed with 2.5.

Anyone have any ideas?

BBooDad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
MYSTERY SOLVED - I was using an old password, so router just wasn't accepting it... <sheepish grin, ducks rotten tomatoes from the audience >

and now back to Quantum 2.7 without wireless problem. Amazing how the right password matters...

Last edited:

sneezy316

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Figured it out.

Question about the stock camera app on v2.7. Can I turn off geo-location? Thanks!

I found it! I had the settings>locations & security>use wireless networks turned on. Turning it off does the trick. But I wish they had the setting in the camera app like on when I was stock.
Hope this will help someone else.

Reactions: Guapo104

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non