[ACS][KERNEL][CWM][ODIN] LoStKernel Root/BB CWM5 Tweaks *10/13/11

chris41g

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Finally out of beta... a public release.

LoStKernel does not claim to get RID of LoS, but it does significantly cut down on it. Over the past 2-3 weeks, numerous people have downloaded it, and I can say that it has had maybe a 5% reported LoS rate, and of those people, they had a significant reduction in the amount of LoS they had.

Now the kernel isn't all about LoS though, its fast and stable, and your phone will be smooth and snappy. That's the goal after all isn't it? something we can use?

There are 2 builds of LoS Kernel, the Standard build, and the Experimental Build. The standard build can always be considered stable, on the other hand, the Experimental build is where features go for testing before they are committed to the standard branch. Also, the Experimental build is cutting edge, overclocking the CPU 1400mhz and 1600mhz as well as Voltage control and Setcpu interface support. There is also Gpu O/C support. (Terminal command support only at this time.)

Both Builds are updated pretty regularly so check ACS regulary for updates...

Download from ACSyndicate.net

Checkout the Video by QBKing77 How to install the LoStKernel on the Samsung Epic Touch 4G - YouTube

Standard features:
Code:
Wifi Driver Fixes (Memory Leaks)
Conservative governor is default (Tweaked)
NOOP Scheduler is default
JHash3 Support
CIFS Support
Tegrak support
Touchscreen Lag Fix
DPRam Driver Tweaks
CPUFreq patch to address issue with second core forgetting min/max clock frequency
CPUFreq Bugfixes
Read Ahead Tweak
Sleep Death Patch
SU binary (Upgrade-able)
Superuser.apk (Upgrade-able) 
BusyBox (Upgrade-able)
CWM5
init.d Support
Bootanimation Support
Plus Tweaks

Exp features:
Code:
Everything from the Standard branch
OC steps 1400mhz and 1600mhz
U/v controllable from SetCpu and Voltage Control
GPU OC
Tweaked Voltages
Minor Linux Version upgrade from .7 to .8
Cutting Edge upgrades from time to time

DO NOT USE TEGRAK WITH THE EXPERIMENTAL BUILD

I recommend Voltage Control or SetCpu.

to change the gpu clocking:

Code:
adb shell
cat /sys/devices/virtual/misc/gpu_clock_control/gpu_control # To view current settings
echo 267 300 > /sys/devices/virtual/misc/gpu_clock_control/gpu_control # Sets GPU clock from 160/267 to 267/300

Please report any problems or bugs in the Exp branch to #lostkernel on freenode.net

Now for thanks.. its a long list..
Code:
First off, big thanks to #samsung-epic-touch, #lostkernel over on freenode.net.. and #epic over on fossnet.info
naerok for hosting my builds when my host went down, Rodderik and insan|ty for dev-phone in general... rodderik helps me a hell of a lot.  
ACS, is a great team of testers and we find ways to make things happen. who else makes kernels like this without phones???
Rjmjr69 makes things happen behind the scenes.. 
Bubby323 soon to be on a phone near you..
Nubecoder if he wasnt around to spot the stupidest [b] [/b][b] [/b][b] [/b][b] [/b] i do, i wouldnt know what to do...
Nullghost great to have people i can ask for help..
Uberpingiun resident linux expert...
DRockstar how many phones you working on now?
Decad3nce so busy with CM7, surprised you havent said [b] [/b][b] [/b][b] [/b][b] [/b] it with all the ungrateful people.. yet you still help out.
Entropy512 dont know you, but i used some of your commits..
Ninpo dont know you, used your commits, heard a lot.
Netarchy pretty much a kernel genius, used some of his commits
Shabbypingiun
k0nane
WR47HANZ
Tphillips
ptfmedic
qbking77 can you make a video for this?
cnz i dont care what they say about you.. your opinion may suck and be ridiculous sometimes, but you still say it like you mean it. and that counts for something
Testers: not all of them so if I left you out, MY BAD
Code:
lovinlissa1984
pyrostic
Drakhar
Orionstein
thefredelement
yourm0m1
art3mis
acrown
akarol
AlonzotheGreat
BLOWNCO
chunology
dtruong4715
ffolkes
fishfuzz
fordmanck
frifox
Geraldweb
imesg
jbn
Jeffy
JesterCorp
kudakeru
lballer69
Leodoc
Mantis
Orrkis
PhantomPhreak53
platinumj
stangdriverdoug
Now if you made it this far... I'd like to thank all those people who hated on me, and give you all a big FUUuuuuuu...
especially that guy that said only ty developers code on the touch.. you inspire me daily.

And Please remember, I do not own this phone... so before you ask me a question, think about whether or not it's something I could possibly know without having one in my hand...

Reactions: bklyn and dragonol2

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ACS][KERNEL][CWM][ODIN] LoStKernel Root/BB CWM5 Tweaks *10/1

Thanks for posting this!!! Working great so far! And thanks to qbking77 for making the super easy how-to video!!!

graffix31

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

anybody else notice that after flashing this kernel that you can no longer change pages in the app drawer bu pressing the dots on the bottom? i restored back to a different kernel and everything worked fine. nothing else changed just flashing the stable kernel with cwm and it doesnt work again. very strange.

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

they still worked for me... it actually seems a little faster than when I was stock, but I could just be imagining things. But they definitely still work...

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

anybody else notice that after flashing this kernel that you can no longer change pages in the app drawer bu pressing the dots on the bottom? i restored back to a different kernel and everything worked fine. nothing else changed just flashing the stable kernel with cwm and it doesnt work again. very strange.

Are you sure you're flashing the stable kernel and not the experimental version? My app drawer buttons are working as expected on the stable build.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

Is this Kernel pre-rooted? I flashed it and I kept getting errors about not being rooted...

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

Programs can't find Superuser, it's there but they can't find it. I'll tinker with it some tonight and see if I can get it to work.

forcvcr

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

i feel like installing this kernel my phone is alot slower..

bklyn

May 8, 2011
Visit site

This kernel is included in Calkulin's new ET4G Rom which, IMO, is the best rom yet.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

Still says I'm not rooted. I don't know why, it jut says that I don't have root permissions.

Ga101698

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

Still says I'm not rooted. I don't know why, it jut says that I don't have root permissions.

Not being a smartass but are you sure you're rooted? Do you have superuser in your app drawer? If yes to both then grab the LoStKernel exp v1.0.0.8 zip do a wipe using Cal's wipe all, then wipe cache and dalvik. Cache and flash the kernel again? Let us know......