[LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-D710 FL16 (FL16 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Root/Stock)

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I found my "connections optimizer" to be the reason wifi turns itself on. It is in the rom. Not sure what the name of the file actually is.

sent from MY BAD A$$ ET4G

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to Android. I just got a S2 last weekend, and did a bunch of reading on this forum. Consequently, I chose to put this FL16 ROM on it. Based on the forums it seems like the newest and best option (Correct me if I'm wrong please).

However I noticed that my WiFi keeps turning on even when I turn it off. Every time I plug in my phone, it turns on. Then it also turns on just when it's in my pocket or on my desk etc, during the day (not plugged in). I 'd ;like to use my 4G but instead my WiFi just turns on, and I know that when the WiFi is on, the 4G doesn't work.

When I installed the ROM, I chose the SPH-D710_FL16_709589_Rooted_Restore.exe version. Also, I don't experience good battery life. It maybe because of the WiFi always turning on and searching etc.

Lastly, I've noticed that when I restart the phone, random things from my home screen disappear (Widgets/Apps).

Any solutions for the problems I'm facing? Thank you!

I have this same exact problem. I use Power Toggles, and noticed it constantly turning on by itself. Will have to try this "Connections Optimizer" checked box to see how it works. My battery life is back to normal at 36-48hrs, but hopefully better now with this suggestion above. Seems like an odd setting to have by default.

kcevans63

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I have been following your thread since I first got my E4GT. Prior to my current set-up, I ran several custom JB ROMS, in which I was never really satisfied with the performance or other issues. So I went with the stock JB leaks (currently deodexed de-bloated FL16 with a few tweaks) and have been quite satisfied with the results, even the battery drain issues which I have worked around. I want to thank you for all the advice that you post and for pointing me in the right direction. And because of that, and of course reading everything I can find in the forums prior to trying anything new, I have managed not to brick my device (yet).

Sent from: deodexed/full debloat/tweaked FL16 E4GT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali