Running into a few problems. Help please!

Dtadamson69

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Rooted SPH-D710_Zedomax_EpicTouchKernel-v3 with oden. Everything went okay. Downloaded midnight ROM and put it on my SD.

For some reason when i go to back up my current ROM it's not working. It just brings me to a screen with a android and exclamation point in a triangle and nothing is happening.

Also when i go to install the ROM. CWM wont recognize any files on my SD card whatsoever. When i'm in ROM manager and try to install the ROM from my SD card it will find the file and attempt to install it. But it just goes to the same screen that comes up when i try to back up.

Any ideas guys? =*(

Been fighting this loosing battle all night long. I'm starting to think maybe the SD card is bad? But then why wouldn't it back up and why can ROM manager see the ROM on my SD card and CWM can't?

Any ideas guys? Any help would be much appreciated.

cgalleria93

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
IMHO, at this point, its best to flash the complete tar (EG31) from XDA and use the EG30 Auto Root.

The Zedomax root is outdated at this point. PM if you need help.

Dtadamson69

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
"IMHO, at this point, its best to flash the complete tar (EG31) from XDA and use the EG30 Auto Root. "

So i would just be running the stock kernel rooted? And i could flash roms from that? Would you happen to know where i can find the files and tutorials for them?

Dtadamson69

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
do you mean flash SPH-D710.EG30_CL435803_REV05_user.tar.md5 with the pit file to take it back to stock, then re root with the auto root method?

Just trying to make sure i know exactly what to do before i do it.

Also, would i have to flash cwm by itself? Should i use the latest release or is there a more compatible release?

Dtadamson69

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Follow the link and video I posted to get back to stock, then follow the instructions in sfhub's automated root thread. That should get you where you want to be.

Sent from my E4GT via Tapatalk

Thank you. =) This is my first time so i'm just a little overwhelmed with it all.

One last question, once i do all that will i have to flash CWM also? And should i use the latest version?

cgalleria93

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. =) This is my first time so i'm just a little overwhelmed with it all.

One last question, once i do all that will i have to flash CWM also? And should i use the latest version?

when you run the autoroot, first install root. then you can run the autoroot program again and choose the option to install the eg31 kernel that has CWM already built in.(you need root to do this, which is why you will do it 2nd)