Help with recoveries..?

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I seem to have more than one recovery in various places.
I have Clockwork Mod which I can get when rebooting through rom manager.
I have Rogue ET Recovery (build on CWM) if I do Vol-up/Power from powered down.
I have some funky "Warning" thing that comes up if I Vol-down/Power from powered down.

Backups made with the regular CWM don't seem to be able to be restored, even though they show up to be clicked.

Any idea how I can make CWM the only (or at least default) recovery on my phone? How can I get rid of the Rogue one? Forgive my ignorance, I am not as into this sort of thing as I used to be.

Triple Threat

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
1st - What rom are you running? Rogue Recovery could be part of your rom build. I've running the Blazer rom and Rogue Recovery is the recovery mod.

2nd - pressing volume down and power is putting your phone into "Odin mode". Another way to root and get into the SW on your phone

3rd - somtimes you have to press "up, down, up, down" a few times within recovery to kick on the power button being able to be used. default is the home button

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
1) I'm using Calkulin's currently (which I am pretty sure is where the Rogue one came from.

2) Yea, I just ignore the Odin bit.

3) Yea I figured out that I need to use Home, which is fine. Power works in the rogue one.

I just don't see why Rogue would be added if I didn't want it there. That's all well and good now, but I can't use Rom Manager now that The Rogue recovery one is there. I've never seen this happen on my previous 4 Android phones. Usually once I got CWM on there, that was the only one available.

Is there a way I can tell it to use CWM only - particularly when I hit VolumeUp/Power?

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
And I guess I can just use Rogue old school (no Rom Manager) for my backups and whatnot. In that case how do I remove CWM and leave it Rogue only?

Triple Threat

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Calkulin's comes with the Rogue recovery.
I honestly barley ever use the rom manager app and normally make any backup/restore while in recovery mode.I also manage any roms from within cwm as well vs the app. But any backup you make in rogue should show up in cwm. It's my understanding that Rogue is just a skin on top of cmw. I've never had any issues with any functions through rogue.

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I haven't had any problems, it was just irritating to see it one way sometimes and the other way the other times. I'll just leave it be before I mess something up. lol

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
1) First things first, please remove Rom Manager as it doesn't support our phone(or at least our developers aren't integrating). The CWM you are seeing is a fake flash from Rom manager. You have potential of messing up your phone by continuing to use it.

2) The warning screen is the screen before you enter download mode to use odin.

3) There are older kernels with the CWM recoveries but it looks like team rogue is the only one that is being actively supported. All the recoveries, as of this moment, (CWM, ACS, Team Rogue) are cross compatible.

Reactions: JayWill

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
1) First things first, please remove Rom Manager as it doesn't support our phone(or at least our developers aren't integrating). The CWM you are seeing is a fake flash from Rom manager. You have potential of messing up your phone by continuing to use it.

Quoted for emphasis.

Reactions: dtm_stretch

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo