1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

Default [ROM][ODIN][TAR]FG31/FF18 Sprint Mix (Rooted)

Figured I'd cross-post this for anyone who wants it:

Credits
    Thanks go to the following:
    - Datajosh for the FG31 Boost CWM (which gave a shortcut to rooting)
    - sfhub for many hints on how to do this
    - rwilco12 & chris41g for filling in the gaps that I still had after sfhub's hints
    - sextape for FG31/FF18 leaks (which give us these great solutions)
    Last edited by garwynn; 08-10-2012 at 02:25 PM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

Default Re: [ROM][ODIN][TAR]FG31/FF18 Sprint Mix (Rooted)

One question to throw out there:

The screen brightness (which I'm guessing is in Settings.apk) will stick at settings value from boot until the screen goes off the first time. After that it drops to minimum and doesn't change even if the slider or power control are changed.

I flashed the Boost stock and see that it doesn't behave that way if I flash it as it was built. I also tried swapping out the kernel to match Settings.apk (ripped from a Sprint build) to the same kernel it was built on - no dice. Any other ideas where I might be able to find this without having kernel source?

TIA - And sorry for sending this to Drew by PM first - forgot you're not supposed to do that.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

I had tried this lasdt night after almost bricking my phone, and the phone comes up, but within a minute or two, it reboots.
    I did the load to save data, would it help to wipe it clean and do a factory reset? (this was my last resort, I really didn't want to do a full wipe
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

Try FH13 Rooted NoData (I have it posted on XDA) instead of this ROM, this was mainly an experiment and was still buggy.

Only problem I've seen with that one is Sprint ID, can be easily fixed by clearing that app's data in Settings->Applications.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garwynn View Post
    Try FH13 Rooted NoData (I have it posted on XDA) instead of this ROM, this was mainly an experiment and was still buggy.

Only problem I've seen with that one is Sprint ID, can be easily fixed by clearing that app's data in Settings->Applications.
    This one?

Any FH13 that weren't based on the leaked update? From what I've read, there are conflicting comments that the leak and the official are different.