Friendcaster Messenger Notifications don't work??

Snacko

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I was trying to find a good alternative to FB and Messenger for my Tablet and found Friendcaster. I really like it so far.

I went into the settings and turned on notifications for Inbox Messages and set a custom alert sound, but it doesn't work. I never hear that sound. But when I check I do see the message. I was testing with my niece yesterday, and she sent me 4 messages. I saw saw them all on my phone in Friendcaster but never heard the alert sound! And there was NO notification in the status bar. After the first two I uninstalled FB Messenger and also the Facebook App, and rebooted my phone. But the next two messages that she sent still did not make and sound and no notification!

On my phone I have these settings for the Notification Options:
Notifications = Checked
Notification Types = Inbox Messages (Alerts for Inbox Messages) is Checked
Refresh Types = I have tried Push GCM and Periodic Polling
Notification Settings:
Alerts Settings:
Notification Popup = Checked
Popup Settings:
Mark Read = checked
Backlight on = unchecked
Bypass Lockscreen = checked
Vibrate = checked
LED Light = checked
Notification Sound = Whistle

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Apps (or, if you have a Samsung device, the App Manager), select Friendcaster, and make sure the "Show Notifications" box is checked.

Snacko

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Apps (or, if you have a Samsung device, the App Manager), select Friendcaster, and make sure the "Show Notifications" box is checked.

Thanks. Yes, that is checked.

Last night the notification sound did finally go off about 15-20 minutes after I sent myself a message. So it is probably just slow.

What is the fastest method for messages? I have it set to Push GMC. That is supposed to check every 5mins, then send it to you.
What about Gmail or K-9 methods?

Snacko

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Yes, that is checked.

Last night the notification sound did finally go off about 15-20 minutes after I sent myself a message. So it is probably just slow.

What is the fastest method for messages? I have it set to Push GMC. That is supposed to check every 5mins, then send it to you.
What about Gmail or K-9 methods?