rooting issues. please help

smoking rr

May 21, 2011
Visit site
i am using superoneclick to try and root my G2x that has 2.3.3 on it. it gets to step #6 and then it stops and wont go any further. any suggestions?

jackbox

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
GB 2.3.3 on the G2X cannot be rooted using super one click, gingerbreak, or any other exploits currently known. The only way is to flash Clockwork Mod Recovery via NVFlash, and then install the pre-rooted version of the official GB 2.3.3 rom available on xda-developers forum.

smoking rr

May 21, 2011
Visit site
ok, that's Greek to me. lol. so after i fugure out how to do that, then can i root my phone, or am i still unrootable and now just running a different version?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Basically what you'd be doing is bypassing the need to root at all. By using nvflash to get clockwork on your phone you don't need to have superuser before doing that, or the right h-boot. Then after doing that you can put any ROM you want on your SD card and flash it that way. Just about every ROM made is already rooted.

smoking rr

May 21, 2011
Visit site
ok. let me add this in to see if it changes anything. i want to be rooted so that i can run "bloat freezer" to stop some of the factory programs from running. is there a better/easier way to do this?

Yell0w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Originally Posted by Yell0w
i used this thread from the xda forums to root the g2x. you should use it for help.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

If you go to this thread please only pay attention to the BOLD stuff. Superoneclick will not root Gingerbread.

Yea, sorry I missed that part, I'm on a CyanogenMod nightly right now, how do I revert back to the stock gingerbread version that tmobile released?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

BenSWoodruff

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Flash clockwork before trying anything else. Then you go straight to flashing ROMs that are already rooted, as mentioned above. Here are some useful links to guides.

Long-form version of the NvFlash process:
[GUIDE] [9/5/11] [CWM 5.0.2.0] How to set up and use NVFlash to flash CWM recovery - xda-developers

Here's the guide I used:
[RECOVERY][APP]Update 9-06: One-Click NvFlasher ClockworkMod 5.0.2.0 - xda-developers

Link to Weapon G2x, my current ROM. Pretty decent IMHO.
[ROM][Gingerbread 2.3.3] Weapon G2x 2.5 [15% Shutoff Bug FIXED FOR REAL!][9.05.2011] - xda-developers

I found Weapon to be the only ROM without the wifi problem where wifi turns off when screen is off, even with the advanced wifi settings correctly set up (so far, tried stock GB + root w/ no issue, and Eaglesblood ROM w/ wifi issue). My next ROM will likely be Trigger, which is in the G2x development section like all the other ROMs, Kernels and guides.

I had problems flashing ROMs right after flashing CWM (bad MD5 sums) because I think my SD card was having issues. Was fixed simply by trying two or three times (format SD, re-load .zip and flash). Got it working at first with the old froyo ROM lol but it worked after that just fine with any ROM I tried.

Enjoy! :)

Update: Trigger was cool, more closely based on CyanogenMod. Also has the wifi auto turn off issue like Eaglesblood, and Gapps were disappearing over and over again, no matter how many times I flashed the updated .zip files. So, I'm back on Weapon G2x, running smooth, although with less system tweaks than other ROMs.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89