My android experience.

anon(30569)

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I started off with a Blackberry storm, then a storm 2. I moved over to the incredible when it came out and then to the thunderbolt. From the Thunderbolt I jumped ship and get an iPhone 4s. I had that until the S3 came out. In November last year I bought the white 16g S3 from Verizon and my experience with the device and Verizon has been phenomenally ridiculous. My first S3 dropped calls all over the place, and just stopped working one morning, it just wouldn't turn on. At all. I brought it to my local store and they tried everything, the phone just died, and yes, the battery was fine. Over the next 2 months I had SIX (6) galaxy s3's shipped as warranty replacements due to similiar issues, screen flashes, keyboard disappearing, the passwords to all my WiFi's would delete and I would have to type them all back in, NFC didn't work all the time, and the biggest one- dropped calls. Very Frustrating.
Not to even mention to slew of garbage I got from Verizon about this and that and not to sync my email and don't download any apps and don't sync contacts, don't use facebook, I mean, if the S3 could do it, Verizon told me not to. Whats the point in spending 300 dollars on a phone and not use it?
My last phone call to Verizon about the S3 ended in the guy about to send me a different device, either a DNA or a LG spectrum 2. He suggested I get on the phone with Samsung and maybe they will ship me a brand new device instead of a refurb, so he transfered me to Samsung with the promise he will call me back tomorrow and let me know what happened with Samsung and if I didn't get a new device he will ship me either of the 2 phones. Well, to no surprise, Samsung wouldn't ship me a NEW device. The Verizon guy never called me back. I called and spoke to other spokesmen and supervisors and even cancelled my entire account twice, but I finally got someone to agree to ship me a DNA.
This is where it gets really fun. -The first DNA I got took over an hour to activate-fine. I put it in my case I bought at Verizon (the stupid clip holster thing) put it on my belt and went to work my overnight shift. I put my phone in my car and go to work, on break, I went to get it to take a picture of my work for my boss- and the camera doesn't work! Really I thought... I did a hard restart, I tried opening the camera from just about everywhere and all I got was an error message "unable to start camera". lol..
I drove to wal mart to buy a disposable because I need the pictures.
I called verizon the next day and the lady did not believe me, she thought I was trying to get as many new phones as possible, I immediately hung up and redialed and this other woman remotely connected to my DNA and watched as I tried to open the camera. She immediately send me a new one. This one arrived the next day and the camera lens was broken.
Really?
I didn't even call or complain or anything. I just put the phone in my pocket and went to work. Sim card issues all over the place, text messages didn't load correctly and the text message thread would take 10-15 seconds to show the contact name over the phone number. I have had 40 or 50 open text messages on the iPhone and the s3 and nothing like this would happen. I know, I could use handcent or chomp or any of the 100s in the play store, but if you ever used a DNA and had to type over the stupid 3 dot menu bar on the bottom, you will understand. I didn't even argue. I put up with it. After a month I was fed up and just tried to have Verizon cancel my account and waive the deactivate fee. They wouldn't budge. So I asked for a new DNA.. maybe the 10th phone they send me will work.
No.
I had it for 3 hours and the SIM card kept disconnecting. Now, before you think for yourself "maybe his sim card is bad" I have gotten a brand new one with every replacement.
So now, I am back on my trusty iPhone 4s since Friday and I haven't had a single dropped call, missed message, or any slow loading SMS. I even emailed HTC who asked me to do a factory reset on a phone that was 3 hours old. I even MANUALLY typed in all my contacts, took me like 2 hours.

That ladies and gentlemen... is why I am stuck on the iPhone 4s, with an upgrade in November 2014 and a 300 dollar brick on my desk. Just thought I would share.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for your problems. I don't have a clue as to why you have such bad luck, but there are more than 100 million Android users who don't have such issues. My S3 has been flawless since day one. My previous phone (htc) never gave me any problems, either, other than the battery getting weak as it aged.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
That ladies and gentlemen... is why I am stuck on the iPhone 4s, with an upgrade in November 2014 and a 300 dollar brick on my desk. Just thought I would share.
The odds that someone would get that many bad phones are slim. But obviously not zero. However, you are the 1 in a 100 million person.

I would send the new DNA back to HTC for repair and then sell it on swappa.

Ichi_Bear

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Woah! That's some serious bad luck! I have had my S3 since December and have had very few problems with it. I had the S2 before this and had no problems. Loved that phone! I don't know if it's just a problem with your carrier in the US that has a bad batch of S3's. I'm in the UK on the Orange (Now EE) network, and I have not had a problem with hardware. A few network problems but that's all. They were resolved quickly. Hope you have better luck in the future :-\

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

anon(30569)

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the responses! :) I got in contact with Verizon again, and they are sending me another S3 instead of the DNA. Hopefully, this one works and doesn't have issues.. :/ This entire thing is just outrageous and exhausting.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the responses! :) I got in contact with Verizon again, and they are sending me another S3 instead of the DNA. Hopefully, this one works and doesn't have issues.. :/ This entire thing is just outrageous and exhausting.
I am surprised they didn't terminate your contract without charging the ETF over all of this. I think ATT, Sprint or TMobile would have.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo